Author Topic: RELEASE: Trimurti  (Read 58818 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
What does SKREEEEEE mean? Or is there a difference depending on inflection or emphasis, or both?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hey, uh, while cleaning up hard drive space I found that Trimurti had generated a 500mb event.log. I think maybe a few too many events have logging turned on!

Mission 1 has no No-RTB debriefing. I also can jump out instead of landing on the Lucifer.

Mission 4:
-has no No-RTB debriefing either.
-I'm receiving no directive for several minutes after the "Protect Cargo" one failed.
-Bonus goal has no text.
-I also can complete the mission by landing on the Demon, but not procede to next mission.

Mission 6 has no No-RTB debriefing. Is it intentional that I can skip immediatly to the ending to read the clear instructions?

Hey, uh, while cleaning up hard drive space I found that Trimurti had generated a 500mb event.log. I think maybe a few too many events have logging turned on!
Wowee. So uh I never once used the event logging functionality, and yet in every single mission the 10th through 22nd events all log true and false (???). So yeah, I'm gonna turn all that off.
Quote from: Nightmare
-I'm receiving no directive for several minutes after the "Protect Cargo" one failed.
-Bonus goal has no text.
These are unintentional and should be fixed
I also can jump out instead of landing on the Lucifer.
Is it intentional that I can skip immediatly to the ending to read the clear instructions?
These are intentional, you can always complete any mission by jumping out or landing on the nearby destroyer (even mission 7!), and is very purposeful, as I said in the OP, that you can get clear instructions at any time. I want to make sure people know that clear information is readily available if they need it.
-I also can complete the mission by landing on the Demon, but not procede to next mission.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, it should only let you land if you've failed or succeeded the mission.

I also don't know what you mean by "No-RTB debriefing". Do you mean an AWOL debrief? Where you've left too early before the mission is done? Because all the missions certainly have those.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, it should only let you land if you've failed or succeeded the mission.
As I said it takes several minutes after I failed the crucial "Protect Cargo" directive before I received the "landing" one, which appeared only after all fighters and the cruiser were destroyed.

I said in the OP, that you can get clear instructions at any time. I want to make sure people know that clear information is readily available if they need it.
I also don't know what you mean by "No-RTB debriefing". Do you mean an AWOL debrief?
I haven't seen one even when I looked into the mission file; whenever I jumped out before being told to do so I received failure debriefing that spoiled the rest of the mission but no "don't return before the directive". Depending on how much time you still want to invest into this, you could make some sort of help button that displays the info as subtitle.

BTW you could link only to Knossos for the main download and keep the files for those installing manual in the Dropbox link, makes it easier to update.

Oh yeah the failure recommendation text is always the same, since of course you wouldn't want to chastise someone for purposefully going AWOL just to see it. The way you failed should be fairly obvious anyway, and the main text of the debriefing does explicitly chastise you for the particular way you failed, but of course, most players won't be able to tell that.

BTW you could link only to Knossos for the main download and keep the files for those installing manual in the Dropbox link, makes it easier to update.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I currently just tell people to go to Knossos, and have a link to dropbox for manual. Are you suggesting creating a link for Knossos as well?

I thought it's easier if you link to https://fsnebula.org/mod/shv and keep the files needed for the manual install (mod.ini, logo) in a seperate download so you have to update only 1 file (the one on Knossos) instead of 2.

I suppose, yes, but it's more awkward and prone to confusion or mistakes for the user to ask them to download two sets of stuff and put them together. I don't really mind the added overhead when it comes to updating.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The logging thing may be well be a FRED bug worth reporting.

Offline AdDur

Masterpiece - probably one one of the best short campaigns i have played so far. Mission design is really good, difficulty level is OK... I have few campaigns or missions several times, but Trimurti... it is fun to lose or try to find new hidden secrets and elements by each time (like finding GTSC Einstein).

I can only have hope (not the false one!) that there will be another campaigns created by such a talented person.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Could you add more dialog/messages to the missions? It would be more fun that way.
This message inspired me to add Shivan dialog that requires the work to create those in this campaign.

Can I replicate yours to create messages?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Could you add more dialog/messages to the missions? It would be more fun that way.
This message inspired me to add Shivan dialog that requires the work to create those in this campaign.

You know, that the messages in Trimurti are actually translateable into english, right? Replicating them means, that your mod would use the same english messages than this campaign.

Why do you not translate your own messages into the trinary encryption that is used in Trimurti, instead?  :confused:

So far the encryption from english into trinary should be easier for you than the other way around. Even Trimurti make it easier to identify how to decrypt the sequence back into english.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:53:54 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

You know, that the messages in Trimurti are actually translateable into english, right? Replicating them means, that your mod would use the same english messages than this campaign.

Why do you not translate your own messages into the trinary encryption that is in Trimurti?  :confused: Especially because the encryption into the 012-format is much easier than the decryption from it into english.

Once you understand how it works you only have to use "search and replace" in a text editor, should work both ways.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter

Why do you not translate your own messages into the trinary encryption that is in Trimurti?  :confused: Especially because the encryption into the 012-format is much easier than the decryption from it into english.

Once you understand how it works you only have to use "search and replace" in a text editor, should work both ways.

Yes, in this case it is true, because Trimurti make it easier to identify each standalone word. Without the seperators it would be more difficult to convert it back. At least that is what i know and how i understand this language :D.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

As for Trimurti, I think it would be cool if there was a TrueType font that would auto-translate the text (it would be written in plain text) to code, so that the player could choose between the code version (default) and the readable version (without the translation script). I don't think the player could specify that in mission though...

From what I've seen in the translated parts, Asteroth has put a lot of good ideas into the way the Shivan language is set up, encoding this makes it invisible (and it felt a bit as if the story just passed by).

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
As for Trimurti, I think it would be cool if there was a TrueType font that would auto-translate the text (it would be written in plain text) to code, so that the player could choose between the code version (default) and the readable version (without the translation script). I don't think the player could specify that in mission though...

From what I've seen in the translated parts, Asteroth has put a lot of good ideas into the way the Shivan language is set up, encoding this makes it invisible (and it felt a bit as if the story just passed by).
I think I can agree with you, considering the time frame between FSPort and BP and Shattered Stars.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

This thread is there to honor Asteroths work (and discussion about Trimurti), please stay on topic. :)

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
This thread is there to honor Asteroths work (and discussion about Trimurti), please stay on topic. :)
OK. Let me remind you that this is one of these that inspired my current incarnation of Shattered Stars.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Yes I know. I think everybody knows that by now.