Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 245020 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
cool, but I have the font size set to "medium" in chrome and I get the scroll bars.  there is no auto setting in 23.0.1271.64 m.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Looks like there's too much spacing between lines in the highlights.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Hey! you fix0red those new icons on the home page too, kudos! :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I have scroll bar on both Pale Moon and Chrome. 1600x900. However, on my school computer, there is no scroll bar in their FireFox.

Offline Sololop

The Big Blue news bar, and the main menu bar is a bit too far to the Left on my screen. I'm using FF 16.0.1, and this site has never had an issue for me before. I apologize if there is already a solution to this but I don't get much time to read the forum. Attached a quick screenie to show

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The breadcrumb forum navigation is still centered instead of left-justified.

Also, if you click on a link bookmark to go to the most recent unread post, the HLP Network bar will overlap part of the post.

Offline Luis Dias

Would it be possible to embed p3d in directly to the forums, since apparently everyone is now using it to showcase their ship models and so on?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Just wanted to say, while I do not like it that the new forum has now unused space on the sides and is centered in the screen, I really like the new font you guys are now using. It's very pleasant and relaxing to the eyes, at least for me :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
have you gone into your forum profile->Look and Layout.  the options down the bottom include a fluid width option
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Cool, thanks a lot for that info :) I haven't looked, because usually I do not temper with forum layouts. It's the admins damn job to admire good old starman :D

Just kidding of course, you guys are doing a great job here.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I noticed that the "profile info" and "modify profile" buttons are activating on mouse-over, even though my preferences are set to activate-on-click.  Is this something that can be easily fixed?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I noticed that the "profile info" and "modify profile" buttons are activating on mouse-over, even though my preferences are set to activate-on-click.  Is this something that can be easily fixed?

Unable to duplicate, unfortunately. Force-cache refresh? (CTRL+F5)
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Hmm - CTRL-F5 hasn't helped.  Eh - it's not a big deal since I don't visit my profile page much :)

I'm running Firefox 17.0 on Linux Mint 13, in case it helps.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Yarn

Would it be possible to add a button next to the search field? Not all devices have an enter key.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Oh man... the new Previous/Next buttons hovering over and following me are making me unstable... STOP FOLLOWING ME! THEY WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!  :(

More srsly,
They hover over somethings and not others... they cover post names and parts of messages... Are they necessary?
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I'm not a fan of them and is not something I have a use for... sorry

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Yeah can we make them optional or just plain get rid of them? They clutter up the screen, overlap stuff, look dumb, and I don't ever navigate the boards that way anyways.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I've optimized the prev-next buttons, they should now be hiding well off to the sides of the screen, and only appearing when the mouse moves close to them. The mouseover trigger area can be tweaked if desired.

Mods: I moved the moderation button/menu in-line with the rest of the topic buttons at bottom.

The JumpTo menu is a royal PITA that I won't be touching - it's entirely generated by javascript.

I've also made the list-o-pages considerably larger (x2). It's used so frequently I think it might be nice to have more prominent. Thoughts?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's oversized, I think it looks silly. It was fine before.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
It was very small before... how's this?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill