Author Topic: Where's the Gods Be vertex mesh stored? + Does someone understand the phys eng?  (Read 1665 times)

Offline LuaPineapple

Where's the Gods Be vertex mesh stored? + Does someone understand the phys eng?
Ok, so it's a model, that means it's got to have a list of vertexes SOMEWHERE, but where? There must be a location where I can retrieve a list of all the vertexes used in a model's rendering matrix.
Or better yet, where do we keep the gods be physics mesh? It has to be SOMEWHERE but I can't find it, even after two days.

Does anyone know where I can get the vertex mesh of a model?

PS: If anyone can make heads or tails of the physics system please explain it also, trying adding Bullet to the codebase without knowing where the gods be meshes are located is hell. That and the fact that I'm going to need to change every single thing that has to do with physics. Maybe I can hackz it (won't get any worse) and sneakily override the old physics system with calls into the new one? :doubt:
Axem      incoming jump signature
Axem      pineapple configuration
Ace1999  AAAAAAH! It's so sharp and pointy!
Axem      obviously of shivan design

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Re: Where's the Gods Be vertex mesh stored? + Does someone understand the phys eng?
which format are you concretely talking about? basically, each modelling program has its own way of storing the model info.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Where's the Gods Be vertex mesh stored? + Does someone understand the phys eng?
Heh...I'd like to see what a ship with a null MOI does when it gets hit in a decent physics system...

Btw, I think he got this sorted out last night on IRC.  He was referring to in the POF format, as in which chunk.  Turns out though there are different groups for each subobject which wasn't taken into account originally.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
it's all in the bsp tree, which isn't a tree structure but rather a bunch of unformated data shoved onto a buffer.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together