Author Topic: # of squadrons displayed in HUD  (Read 4416 times)

Re: # of squadrons displayed in HUD
Rather than adding another wing, why not allow wings to be organized into squadrons and display the overall strength of those on the HUD?

Sounds like a great idea! But how would you do it?

Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

1. FS can't support all that many ships or wings.

2. Beyond 2-3 wings, the player really doesn't have time to give specific orders to anyone. The only thing I order my wingmen to do is C-3-9 or C-3-5; I don't care a whole lot what individual ships are dead. Despite its sophisticated orders system, FS never really was a good "strategy" game. Detailed wingmen orders don't matter a whole lot. Plus, more than 5 wings would be outside the player's sane limit of control.

3. In response to Haloboy: Have a wing name, and above it the number of surviving ships in green and the number of damaged ships in red. If you want, you could also display the number of destroyed ships in grey and the number of departed ships in blue. But having that kind of detailed info on 20+ wings is really only good for an oooh-aaah effect.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Removing the wing from the HUD when it turns hostile anyone?

That way Skull Alpha and Beta would appear and I would have to check who is alive by ressing C-1.

Or simply a SEXP to remove-add wing from HUD tracking - that way a FREDer has complete control.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!