Author Topic: And what about making a Halo mod about FS2?  (Read 33158 times)

Offline SuperSonic_ht

• Woo hoo!FS2+Halo!
Re: And what about making a Halo mod about FS2?
Mmm..hmmm? Aren't we all going off-topic?
About the Halo mod, all I have to say is that this isnt going anywhere without models. I could do the remaining part, but that would be like FS2 with no ships, only infantry.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE! Is this supposed to be a ship-to-ship battle in space or a land-based fight?

And also, I don't think that the mod can have different models for different species.
Unless, this is not multiplayer but a single-player map.
BS drunk drivers...UN-RIP Stealth:D
______________________________________________________________ __
Sarge: Theres nothing wrong with the Olympics that modern science cant fix.
Church: Right, like using aerodynamic computer modelling to develop better ski jumping techniques.
Sarge:Noo, like replacing the skis with H-6 missiles...and the jumping with exploding!

-Red Vs Blue Winter Olympics Special:)

It's most likely going to be singleplayer first, so making ships for other species is possible. It will be space combat, of course. If we wanted a ground-based Freespace, we would of modded a modern FPS instead of Freespace.

and for the last time, this is Freespace, not Halo. Missions are called "Missions", not "maps" ;)
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
So thats it then... The project is virtually dead?
Are we all willing to let this project die
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Not all of us.  Just Devrous.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well, if anyone wants to continue this...maybe we should contact Devrous and get the stuff he made.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline SuperSonic_ht

• Woo hoo!FS2+Halo!
Referring to some dude's PM to me, I want to say that I cant lead this project. My Broadband is trying to kill me.
Also,
Quote from: haloboy100
and for the last time, this is Freespace, not Halo. Missions are called "Missions", not "maps"

My bad :p...

Also, for this mod(THIS IS FOR HALO DAMMIT) I think I can request some models from a fellow Halo modder/modeller. Hes great at modelling but Im not sure if he'll be able to make exact FS2 ship models.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:08:15 am by SuperSonic_ht »
Church: Right, like using aerodynamic computer modelling to develop better ski jumping techniques.
Sarge:Noo, like replacing the skis with H-6 missiles...and the jumping with exploding!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
It's most likely going to be singleplayer first, so making ships for other species is possible. It will be space combat, of course. If we wanted a ground-based Freespace, we would of modded a modern FPS instead of Freespace.
Always wondered what ground combat in FS was like. Its like all the glory goes to the flyboys.

] I can request some models from a fellow Halo modder/modeller. Hes great at modelling but Im not sure if he'll be able to make exact FS2 ship models.
Models can be converted, although his heirachy and stuff has to be correct.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Always wondered what ground combat in FS was like. Its like all the glory goes to the flyboys.

Ground Combat?
       Some Vasudans get in a bunker, then the Lucifer nails it with a Super Laser from high orbit. That's FS ground combat.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
See Hallfight.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline SuperSonic_ht

• Woo hoo!FS2+Halo!
OK, the friend I was talking about, he has agreed to modelling, I still have to show him what Freespace is all about, but after that, its finalized.

Im not too sure about that..

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Looks like SuperSonic's the new head.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Hey I'm the modeler Supersonic was refering to.

Well Supersonic was talking about making a mod of FS2 for halo (I don't know if its for the regular halo or the Custom Edition) so we don't need to keep the hierarchy, as halo only needs 1 model (consisting of several objects for animation purposes) which are the linked to nodes for exporting to halo and animation.

But at the moment I have no idea what anything in the game looks like so I'm going to have to play the game first (boy am I glad I cleaned up my hard drive a couple of days ago :P)

Offline SuperSonic_ht

• Woo hoo!FS2+Halo!
Umm Storm keeper,
Quote from: SuperSonic
Referring to some dude's PM to me, I want to say that I cant lead this project. My Broadband is trying to kill me.

Hey Mart, good to have ya here! I didnt read the first line at first so didnt recognize you.

I don't know if its for the regular halo or the Custom Edition
Are you playing dumb?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
*shrug*

Was just a passing remark. But I can see you're really passionate about making this thing work. :yes:

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
*shrug*

Was just a passing remark. But I can see you're really passionate about making this thing work. :yes:

Either way we are currently going nowhere...
If anyone is actually serious about porting freespace to halo... ill be happy to listen...
in the meantime, i suggest we just wait for devious to come back with near no more work done on halo port freespace since last time he was here.
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline SuperSonic_ht

• Woo hoo!FS2+Halo!
Ive heard about stuff like these, ports to some other game, "woohoo" mods, "fanboy" mods and most of the time they just die down.
(For example,Mart, remember CMT SPv2?)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
You mean halo to freespace.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Quick clarification:

Porting Halo to Freespace = Taking stuff from the Halo game and putting it into the SCP engine. The game wouldn't have anything to do with the Freespace universe; it would only share the game engine. You would have the Covenants and all that stuff; no Zods.

Porting Freespace to Halo = Taking stuff from Freespace and putting it into the Halo engine. This means that you are a little marine running around killing Zods and getting slaughtered by Shivans. The game only shares Halo's engine, nothing else with the Halo series.

It seems as though people keep confusing these two. Don't anymore.

(For example,Mart, remember CMT SPv2?)

Uhh SPv2 is still being worked on atm.

Also SuperSonic dragged me into this and he hasnt even got a design doc, sonic what are you trying to do with the FS2 to Halo Convertion? I'm getting confused now.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
This still going? I'm glad :nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png