Author Topic: "Game of Tag" problem  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Jopi

• In the army now, TJ 163
"Game of Tag" problem
I'm playing the FS2 campaign on Insane, but I've run into a problem in the mission "A Game of Tag." After tagging the Basilisks and the Maras (Cancer & Scorpio) four Manticores (Leo) arrive. For some reason, the tagging system breaks at this point. Even if I fly ~1 km from the Warspite and tag a fighter, the Warspite doesn't fire. It continues firing only after the bombers are already attacking it. This make the mission pretty much impossible, as I have four Manticores wanting to kill me and I can't really fire back. I'm running the SCP 3.6.9.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: "Game of Tag" problem
Try again with 3.6.10 Final.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

This happens on every difficulty level. I'm pretty sure you have to finish off the Manticores before the Warspite will respond to the TAG system.....But I don't play on Insane, so this was never really a problem for me, I just nixed the Manticores :D
I shat all over that Shivan fighter....right up 'till his buddy got me.

Don't tag more than one fighter at once, I think that breaks the script (and if you only tag one fighter, the others on insane will normally only attack the invincible scout, so you get some time)

But A game of TAG was really the most frustrating mission I ever played on insane, I had similar problems. Normally, the 4 Maras hornet spammed me after I tagged each one of them until I ran out of decoys, and they hornet spammed me, and hornet spammed me, and...

I wish you good luck :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
There's no reason that TAGging more than one fighter should break the mission, at least that I'm aware of; the turrets are simply set to fire only on TAGged ships but only act normally.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
But A game of TAG was really the most frustrating mission I ever played on insane, I had similar problems. Normally, the 4 Maras hornet spammed me after I tagged each one of them until I ran out of decoys, and they hornet spammed me, and hornet spammed me, and...
Couldn't you just evade them without decoys?
Hornets are really unagile, I was always able to dodge them without any problems by just turning at the right moment.

If you got 4x4 missiles launched at you every 5-10 seconds, and you have to dodge the normal lasers already, that gets... tricky.
Avoiding a hornet spam of a single mara is no problem without decoys, that's right.
Well, I could dodge it by flying circles around the Deimos, but no good change of retaliating, so after a minute or so I attacked and got shredded the first time, and later restarted directly. Until I figured out what I have been doing wrong :>