Author Topic: Bloody Corderas  (Read 14835 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I think he meant ~k (the instakill cheat).

Nah, that would be dumb. ~K works on anything. Pretty sure battuta was implying he knows some simple tactic to kill them. Saying "lol u can kill thm with ~K!!!!!1 XD" seems a bit out of line with his usual wit.

EDIT: :ha:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Lorric

You have 250% shield regeneration and only take 45% damage on very easy.

Spoon (or anyone), could you tell me what all the difficulties do to both the player and allies? This information I have never been able to find and I am very curious. Is there anywhere where the full information is laid out, as I know it does a great many things like cutting the turn speed of enemy ships and limiting the number of enemy ships that can come after you and the effectiveness of capital ship weapons on both sides, all sorts of stuff.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
you need to look through the mod's AI and AI_Profiles tables
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Lorric

you need to look through the mod's AI and AI_Profiles tables

I don't know how. But does this mean Spoon has modified the way the difficulty settings work for WoD from standard Freespace 2 difficulty settings?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I believe he has customised the difficulty related options to suit WoD and alter AI behavior
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I'm not sure if WoD actually changed the difficulty based scaling, but damage reduction and shield regeneration are not the only things.
For example, the player has a max number of AIs that can attack them and a max number of missiles locked on...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
I've tried Ray III vs Aestival, I can't beat it. Maybe I am just not skilled enough. Then again I really don't like most LSF ships aside from the Kaze. I can do impressive things in that ship with a bit of luck.

Offline Lorric

I'm not sure if WoD actually changed the difficulty based scaling, but damage reduction and shield regeneration are not the only things.
For example, the player has a max number of AIs that can attack them and a max number of missiles locked on...

Do you know the numbers for these things?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Not off the top of my head, look in ai.tbl and ai_profiles.tbl
varies from mod to mod.

For example, I got rid of all such differences except for damage decrease, and shield/weapon energy regen in DE so the AI is not forced to be retarded. I don't know if Spoon did anything of the sort for WoD.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Aha. I can now consistently beat an Aestival with a Zy Spectre. Just proves what I have been saying: Unless facing completely overwhelming odds, victory in any conflict is simply a manner of finding the correct strategy.