Author Topic: "Dynamic Primary Linking" flag--where can I find the keybind to use this?  (Read 2971 times)

"Dynamic Primary Linking" flag--where can I find the keybind to use this?
I'm really interested in using this flag in a testing/playground mod of mine, but I can't find--anywhere--the recently added keybind that allows you to actually perform that action. Where would I find it/how would I make it? The wiki doesn't seem to have anything on the problem.

While I'm at it, does anyone know how to globally change the linked-banks ROF for all ships in a mod? While still allowing that keybind mentioned above so that you can change it yourself if you want to?

Thanks for any answers you guys can provide :)
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: "Dynamic Primary Linking" flag--where can I find the keybind to use this?
I've had a look through the svn commit logs - and while in that other thread I mentioned that (according to the wiki) dynamic linking was scheduled for 3.7, I can't find any evidence of code being added for it.  Perhaps it's wishful thinking on behalf of someone editing the wiki?  Or a planned addition for the near future?  In short - sorry, I may have set a false expectation for you  :(
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

So there's no way to have any kind of that functionality at all? No way for me--even in my own mod--to change the ROF for linked primary banks? If not in game, then as a general setting for the mod?

If so/not, would implementing it in some form be relatively easy to do? That one's out of curiosity.
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

If I understand correctly, what you're trying to do can be done, as exemplified Wings of Dawn and Dimensional Eclipse.

Now, pulling that off - I'm not so sure. If I had to try, I might start looking in the weapons.tbl. (I don't trust myself, so forgive me if I'm wrong.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:42:13 pm by mobcdmoc3 »

I don't recall seeing that in WoD...though I did play it quite a while ago.

Either way, I've already looked through WoD's ships.tbl and weapons.tbl, as well as the wiki pages for those tables. Couldn't find anything that might account for it.
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Try ai profiles.tbl

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'm really interested in using this flag in a testing/playground mod of mine, but I can't find--anywhere--the recently added keybind that allows you to actually perform that action. Where would I find it/how would I make it? The wiki doesn't seem to have anything on the problem.

Where did you find this in the wiki? Which entry, to be exact?
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Under "weapons.tbl" (the wiki page), the "dynamic primary linking" section. Use Cntrl-F to find it instantly.
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Under "weapons.tbl" (the wiki page), the "dynamic primary linking" section. Use Cntrl-F to find it instantly.

There's... nothing there. And it hasn't been edited since July 2. soooo...  :confused:

Edit: just in case. Is this the wiki page your referring to?
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
 :wtf:

I could have sworn black and blue that I saw that flag on that page!?!?!  It was marked for revision "3.7", which is a bit odd considering 3.6.14 is not finalised yet... is there a 3.7 version template that was removed recently or something?

:confused:

e: fix derp
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:54:26 am by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I saw it too

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
na

threepointseven gues not trunk yet
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Oook. yeah. SaltyWaffles: As niffwan said, this one's slated for 3.7, which (I think) will be worked on once 3.6.14 is released.

If this is right, the antipodes build that has the new pilot code would also contain the Dynamic Primary Linking flag?
chief1983

------------

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
na

threepointseven gues not trunk yet

Thanks Droid803 - that explains it, I was looking at the wrong wiki page  :nervous:

----
----

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
This sounds useful for FotG

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
FotG was the group that initially requested the feature, so no duh :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Is there some way to alter the ROF of linked primary banks, though? I don't need to be able to tweak the firing rates for each individual bank, just keep the tabled ROF for a weapon when a fighter's two banks are linked (in-game). No reduced ROF bull****.

If it can currently be done (at all), how would I go about doing it? Would appreciate any answers :)
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
It can definitely be done - Wings of Dawn has done it.  Maybe look here?

Try ai profiles.tbl

This flag looks like the one you want...
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Ai_profile#.24disable_linked_fire_penalty:
----
----