Author Topic: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy mod  (Read 14450 times)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Star Wars: The Original Trilogy mod
As many of you are aware, Fate of the Galaxy isn't the only Star Wars Freespace mod.  Star Wars: The Original Trilogy has already seen several public releases and we want to show our support for their efforts.  There's definitely room for more than one of us, as each mod has different goals and ideals we're going for.  So if you're tired of waiting for the first FotG release and dying to scratch that Star Wars Freespace itch, head over and take a look.

Forum Topic
ModDB page

Offline wesp5

Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy mod
Just recently I took a look at this mod again and fixed some briefing icons and texts. You can find those as bonus in my "The Babylon Project Unofficial Patch":
https://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project/addons/the-babylon-project-unofficial-patch1

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy mod
Note [from me, Wookieejedi]:
I was the lead on the Original Trilogy Mod before joining Fate of the Galaxy (FotG). And having been involved in both teams, I'll add that FotG is many orders of magnitude more extensive, stable, mission-completed, and feature rich then the Original Trilogy mod was. This Original Trilogy Mod was more of a cobbled together asset dump. Thus, this Original Trilogy mod is no longer in active-development and is being uploaded simply as an archive that works with more modern (2023) FSO builds.

Regarding Fate of the Galaxy development, we are progressively moving closer to meeting our final milestones for a public release. Once those goals are met and polished, we will be extremely excited to share the game with everyone!