Author Topic: Traitors detected in bp2-06 Darkest Hour  (Read 1562 times)

Traitors detected in bp2-06 Darkest Hour
After retrying several times this mission, I finally found out why I had so much trouble maintaining Rheza Station alive. It appears that when the first Deimos corvette warps out, all the already launched Jackhammer missiles from Omega wing will try to follow the corvette into subspace, but as she disappears their trajectory leads to the Station instead. As they are friendly missiles, they can't seem to be intercepted, and this friendly fire costs about 20-30 hull integrity to the station.

Do you have any idea how to avoid this 'treason' from Omega wing?

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Re: Traitors detected in bp2-06 Darkest Hour
You could instruct them to 'ignore my target' on the corvette, then they wont fire on it. Actually, this is probably a good idea in general since you don't need to destroy the corvette, so Omega should save its bombs for other targets, such as the three AWACSs that turn up later.
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
After retrying several times this mission, I finally found out why I had so much trouble maintaining Rheza Station alive. It appears that when the first Deimos corvette warps out, all the already launched Jackhammer missiles from Omega wing will try to follow the corvette into subspace, but as she disappears their trajectory leads to the Station instead. As they are friendly missiles, they can't seem to be intercepted, and this friendly fire costs about 20-30 hull integrity to the station.

Do you have any idea how to avoid this 'treason' from Omega wing?

hahaha this is next level steele tactics

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I feel like a simple fix would be to make the corvette waypoints turn away from the station before jumping (as you'd expect it to, really). I'll have a look at that mission when I get there in bugfixing.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

To be fair, that's absolutely the kind of "woopsi" I could see happen in real life :P