Author Topic: Given the current state of the world...  (Read 2933 times)

Given the current state of the world...
... Will Act 4 release before mankind becomes extinct? Will Battuta ever pop back on discord? Will my neighbor ever stop bashing that wall?

Re: Given the current state of the world...
Last time I checked the deal hasn't changed. If the team members get the time to make it happen, then it happens. If they don't, then it doesn't happen.

I know just about everyone on here has piled on the praise (and by all means, keep it coming) for what Darius and company have done with BP. And if it ever sees another release, I'm here for it. But for now I think all we can do is wait with baited breath.

in before Act4 releases as paid DLC

Between the fact that it seems like the end year was really 2021 instead of 2012 and that Blue Planet hasn't even been updated to the latest MediaVps, probably not

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Between the fact that it seems like the end year was really 2021 instead of 2012 and that Blue Planet hasn't even been updated to the latest MediaVps, probably not

It doesn't take too much to update it manually, at least as far as the models are concerned.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline QuakeIV

• test
The new orion kindof sucks anyways, it looks like a shiny toy space ship and doesn't really fit the generally darker lighting/atmosphere imo.

Uh, do you have your lighting correctly set up?

The new orion kindof sucks anyways, it looks like a shiny toy space ship and doesn't really fit the generally darker lighting/atmosphere imo.

oof. Yea what are your lighting settings? I personally love the new orion

We do have the short story ending for BP, Morgan in the Shadow. Hell, I was planning to have a private word doc with all the "changed-for-legal-reasons" names replaced with FS ones.

It's disappointing not to have this story finished in game, but never say never either. I'm glad at least not to be left hanging as to what the intended outcome was. That's something.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
We do have the short story ending for BP, Morgan in the Shadow. Hell, I was planning to have a private word doc with all the "changed-for-legal-reasons" names replaced with FS ones.

It's disappointing not to have this story finished in game, but never say never either. I'm glad at least not to be left hanging as to what the intended outcome was. That's something.

Actually I was thinking of doing something similar a while back too, but I didn't want to jump the gun and potentially spoil something. That and needing the time, motivation to do it etc. But if we are ever told officially that BP development has ceased for good then it might be worth doing it in the future. Only problem is that the Morrigan stories were heavily trimmed down, with all mentions of either the Vasudans and Vishnans (T2) removed.

Even if T2 is out of the pitcher and has washed its hands with humanity there is still the Vasudans to think about. T2 might be interested in them instead.

Even in the absence of T2 involvement I assume that at least some of the Vasudans would be involved to some degree and so would need to be added back in somewhere. They might not care about what is happening in Sol, but they would be VERY interested in someone trying to open the jump node to Capella - which presumably would need to be re-stabilised first. I remember mention of a 'node ship'. If this means a Terran ship capable of stabilising nodes, then the Vasudans would be very interested in that too.

Just my two cents :-)

Quote from: ShivanSlayer on 11-08-2021, 18:22:40

An update with the latest MVPs, the updated models from Warmachine and some of its QOL improvements - such as the 'mark turrets with big Xs' would be superb, especially if merged with Jaded's mod packs :-)

Of course, my creeky old GPU might not be so appreciative :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 09:14:58 am by Iain Baker »
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
... the updated models from Warmachine....
Updated textures only, no model changes, before anyone gets excited about the wrong thing  :lol:
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Darius was still working on Solaris I believe. I'm not usually on discord, but I know that development status on different FS2 projects isn't always reflected here on the forums anymore.