Author Topic: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.1.1  (Read 104413 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
[RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.1.1
Since we've been made aware that there is an issue with R1.1 we are releasing a temporary R1.1.1 patch which solves the issue. We are also including some of the files from the multiplayer beta in this release too. Unlike previous patches, this patch does not replace the patch that came before it. So you WILL need patch 1.1 from here.

Downloads

Windows

Linux

We'll be adding a Mac patch as fast as we can, but as a stopgap you can simply download this file and place it in your main Diaspora folder. It won't allow you to play the new multiplayer mission (the game will crash if you try), but it will fix the bug with Mission 6 and won't affect any of the other multiplayer missions.

Changelog

Fixed a bug in Mission 6 that made it impossible to finish the mission under certain circumstances.
Added a multiplayer coop version of Mission 2.

Fixed a bug which prevented ships from landing properly.
Add new briefing animations.
Add preliminary Spanish language support.
Fix a Mission 6 crash.
Updated Builds to r10530.

Fix an multiplayer issue with weapon convergence.
Fix an issue where the prometheus wouldn't depart
Add new animations for the volunteer for M3 screen
Fixed M6 breaking if Ion 1 is destroyed.
Added directive counts training missions.

Fix a crash in Mission 6.
Fix an AI bug with drone landings in Training Mission 2.
Fix a problem with Directives not appearing in Training Mission 2.
Add Directive counters to Training Mission 2.
Fix rotation issue with Raptor door.
Alter the timing for civilian jumps in Mission 5.
Adding more missing built in messages.
Fix lack of loading screen errors in debug.
Fix missing art for the MEC-A6 (training) in the techroom.
Fix #weak weapons appearing in the techroom in multiplayer.
Remove/disable debug events in Mission 5.
Add missing cache files.
Update credits file.
Fix issue where Cylon HUD crashes the standalone server.
Fix Mission 6 issues where the Prometheus could be destroyed.

Fix M6 crashes due to #weak weapons.
Fix M6 crashes due show ship using incorrect model when doing the sun ray test.
Added missing gauge for system messages to the HUD.
Fix issues with Multiplayer option screen (hard to see where to click).
Fix mission bugs with Indart survival.
Assign hotkeys to all mission critical fighters.
Minor changes to HUD gadgets.
Added fix to reset collision cache hashes when starting a new mission.
Added fix to properly clean out unnecessary objects in the new collision code.
(Windows) Fix an issue with the kills gauge vanishing.
Update missions for a bug\support for the new key bindings.
Added FS2NetD interface art and fixed all messages to not mention PXO.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:22:22 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Geallen

• Twitter
Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.1.1
Any progress is welcome progress. Lets breakout the lager, its on the house!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well it's not really progress. This M6 bug wasn't present in earlier versions. It's something that accidentally got introduced and now has been removed.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Updated with the Linux patch.

Offline bunik

karajorma   look PM  :)

A fair warning, 1.1 or 1.1.1 deleted my progress and I have to start all over again.  Someone in the 1.1 thread also reported this, which if I was smart I would have read and backed up my game first.  A mod replied to the other person who reported it happening that it should not have done that, but being it also happened to me I wanted to post here it IS a possibility. 

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yeah, it's a possibility whenever you upgrade to anything with the new pilot code from something which didn't have it (so 1.1 to 1.1.1 should be perfectly safe). As stated on the 1.1 thread, the original player files aren't actually gone, it's simply that the new version doesn't use them. So with luck you can get one of the coders familiar with the pilot file code to fix the issue.

I figured out what has caused the problem:

Version 1.0 keeps your pilot data under C:\Games\Diaspora\Data\players\single\inferno however post 1.1 & 1.1.1 patch, my player files were saving into C:\Games\Diaspora\Data\players\ and the old ones were renamed with .pl2 and .cs2, instead of .plr and .csg which were the original file names.  I tried to rename the original files back to the correct extension and put them back into the folder they belong, but it does not show up in the game when prompted to pick a pilot, and then deletes the saves for the new ones it forces me to make. 

My guess is somewhere in those pilot save files is a version number, and because the version is not matching up with the game version its not allowing me to use that pilot record.  If this is the case when the patch does it's thing, it should have modified the pilot file with the new version number.  I am still playing around to see if I can fix the issue myself, possibly with a hex editor or some other file editor.  I have backed up my pilot file in case I break something, and hope to have a fix posted here soon as I can figure out how to trick the game into reading my pre-patch save game.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:44:08 pm by Thalinor »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Oooh, ouch, no, no, please don't move the pilot files around and change the extensions.  They have different binary formats and that's very likely to bust them up "real good".

.cs2 & .pl2 files always belong in C:\Games\Diaspora\Data\players\single\inferno
.csg & .plr files always belong in C:\Games\Diaspora\Data\players\

There is a conversion process built in to the executable that should convert the cs2/pl2 files into the csg/plr format. I do not recommend trying to convert between the formats using a hex editor, there are far too many changes. If you could attach your cs2/pl2 files to a post, I can have a look at them and try to figure out why the conversion process is not working correctly for your pilot.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

These are the ones that were in the ones that I think have me saved at mission 6; thank you very much for fixing the issue so I don't have to start over!

FYI I think these originally said pl2 and cs2, but again I changed the extension to try and fix things.  My guess is the files in the \players folder had been overwritten when I started up the game and found I was on mission 1.  If I delete all four of those files and start a new game, there is nothing under the "\single" folder and the "\players" folder has two files that are 2bk and 5kb, so I know the 54kb file must still have my save game information.

EDIT:

FYI, I ran through mission 1 and it has not added anything to the /inferno folder however the save in the /player folder has gone from 5kb to 10kb, so it looks like that's the save it's now using.  I am assuming that means the files in the inferno folder were the old save files (hence the 54kb file size) and take it that folder is no longer used by the new patch?  Anyway, that's about all I can do on my end, thank you for your help and I hope the files provided help as they are about all I have post-patch from the old save game; anything else has been overwritten by the patch.

Take Care,
Jonathan

Edit 2:  So I first deleted just the saves in the /players folder, then changed the file extensions in /inferno BACK to the correct pl2 and cs2, then uninstalled the game 1.1.1 (which keeps your saves) and reinstalled 1.0 again.  I loaded up 1.0 and my save files worked; I am back to mission 6 with everything working just fine. 

I quit, and installed patch 1.1, then instead of just moving onto installing the second patch [1.1.1], I first opened the game thinking that might fix the problem.  It did not, and I was once again back to mission 1.  The first time I patched 1.1 and then installed 1.1.1 before opening the game, so trying both ways do not fix the problem, for some reason my save games wont convert.  Having uninstalled and reinstalled trying the patch twice, I think its safe to say whatever is happening can be replicated and is not a fluke.  The game is installed to C:\Games\Freespace2 (NOT the Programs folder) and I am running Windows 7 x64 SP1.

I really thought uninstalling the game, reinstalling it, opening my save file, quitting, patching to 1.1 and opening the game again would solve the issue, but alas it has not.  At least the old save game works under 1.0 still so i have not managed to mess anything up by changing the file extension and trying to move it around.  Again, the old save game (pl2 & cs2 in the inferno folder) work just fine with version 1.0 but will not convert therefore wont work with the patches.

Hope this extra info helps.  Not trying to be a PITA, just trying to post what I know to help the devs and others who may have the problem.  Thanks!

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:25:35 pm by Thalinor »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I'm pretty sure the conversion issue will be a bug in the 1.1 & 1.1.1 code, so there's not much you can do in order to fix it (unless you want to dive into the code :))

Could you please post the .cs2 and .pl2 from players/single/inferno?  If I can get those files I can run through the conversion process on my PC and try to find what it causing the conversion to fail, and also change the code to correctly convert those files into .plr/.csg.  Thanks
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I'm pretty sure the conversion issue will be a bug in the 1.1 & 1.1.1 code, so there's not much you can do in order to fix it (unless you want to dive into the code :))

Could you please post the .cs2 and .pl2 from players/single/inferno?  If I can get those files I can run through the conversion process on my PC and try to find what it causing the conversion to fail, and also change the code to correctly convert those files into .plr/.csg.  Thanks

These are actually the same ones as I posted before.  The extensions on the ones before were changed to test if that would fix the issue and I forgot to change them back before zipping it up.  I am currently playing the game (back to 1.0) with these saves and they work fine so I know the saves themselves still work.  I attached the ones to this post with the extensions fixed back to the way they were before I changed them, and again they are working with 1.0 build. 

Is Ion impossible to destroy [and get credit for the kill] before the patch?  It took me about 20 tries but I know I have done it twice before and didn't get credit, it still said he jumped.  Tonight I am trying again, this time I switched the difficulty from what I have been playing on [normal] to easy, yet I still am having problems killing him before he jumps.  Again, I got lucky with those two kills that did not register before, as for some reason he spawned close to the ship giving me time to kill him, but tonight even on easy it seems impossible to take him out.  Yes, I fire missiles and strife so I don't hit them, out of the gate I am commanding everyone to attack him, I have even tried targeting his FTL drive, but you have about 10-12 seconds; even with afterburners going it isn't enough time to get him in range 99% of the spawns [reloads I have tried] before he jumps.  I am starting to think those two previous times I killed him [and did not get credit] were flukes and not meant to happen, thus why I did not get credit.  There were parts of his ship so I know he was killed, but the mission log stayed red and the voice acting said he jumped.  Is it a bug in 1.0 or a an intentionally scripted that you must fail the event?  I know the bug that you can't continue is easily recognizable that it will happen because if you start that mission and immediately hear "that last hit took out our FDL drive..." you know the bug is going to happen and have to reload.  Most of the time I don't hear that call-out until later in the mission, which in my never ending grind [and reload] to kill Ion, if I hear that over the coms as soon as the mission starts, I just reload as I know that reload is bugged.

Anyway thanks for the help.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:10:13 pm by Thalinor »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Ah, right, thanks for that.  Since the names didn't match what I expected I wasn't sure if they were the correct files or not.

As for Ion, you're not supposed to be able to destroy them before they jump out.  In fact the fact that you have managed to destroy Ion is a bug which is fixed in later versions, you're meant to fail.

edit: and that was simpler than I thought, here's a repaired set pilot files, put them into C:\Games\Diaspora\Data\players\ overwriting any files that already exist. I'll fix the bug in the codebase soon :)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:25:23 pm by niffiwan »
----
----

Ah, right, thanks for that.  Since the names didn't match what I expected I wasn't sure if they were the correct files or not.

As for Ion, you're not supposed to be able to destroy them before they jump out.  In fact the fact that you have managed to destroy Ion is a bug which is fixed in later versions, you're meant to fail.

You just saved me a few more hours of my life.  Thank you!  I am completely cool with scripted failing of objectives.  I am cool with endings where every one dies, case in point Deus Ex HR [Amazing!], Final Fantasy 13 and Mass Effects 3 ending.  I was a medic firefighter for many years and know sometimes people just die and there are no win scenarios; life is not always fuzzy puppies and pink unicorns.  With that said, a suggestion for future releases, don't put it as a mission objective that shows "failed" for a player if they can't actually complete the objective.  Again, having it scripted that way is completely legit but if its an objective on a mission list that a player can fail, it leads players to think they have done something wrong and keep trying to "fix" what is not broken.  Having it show "complete" even with the scripted "fail" is cool, or just not show it on the mission list at all.  Just my opinion; but again I am really relaxed with the whole "when its your time, its your time and you can't avoid it" mentality.  A lot of people I have met can't take a no-win scenario and accept things.

I have to say it again, thank you for this mod.  It's freekin INTENSE at times, and really gets the heart pumping.  Switching it back to normal difficulty;  I have a date with three Basestars.  ; ) 

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:30:45 pm by Thalinor »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Oops - didn't realise that you'd replied already - I edited my previous post to attach your pilot successfully converted to work with 1.1 & 1.1.1.
----
----

Thank you!!!  Will load it up now.

EDIT:

Amazing, just installed both patches, copied over and the missing (6) started up as expected.  Thank you for taking time out of your day to fix this for me, and again thank you for an amazing mod.  You have done a fantastic job; better than some AAA titles that had millions of dollars to produce the game.  It's truly impressive what a community can release.

Take Care,
Jonathan

Just beat the mod, I landed in time, it said objective complete yet the ship I was inside [docked] jumped without me leaving me unable to move in space as if I was still docked.  Not a huge deal as a few seconds later my fighter jumped anyway, and I got the ending which reflected the fact I was docked.  Afterward I watched the alternative ending [the one where I assume you don't dock in time] on YouTube, so I guess the docking bug is still not 100% fixed in the latest patch.  No worries.  What an intense ending.  Thanks again for a great mod.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:05:16 am by Thalinor »