Author Topic: [RELEASE] Diaspora : Shattered Armistice Patch 1.1  (Read 46544 times)

Offline Khalor

Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora : Shattered Armistice Patch 1.1
The Mac download link is broken  :(

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
We are actually aware of that and trying to see if we can find a copy somewhere. If not, we'll just combine 1.1. and 1.1.1 and reissue them together.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Echelon9

Yes, apologies - that is my fault. Am working on restoring that patch and the final patch for R1.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I don't remember if it was reported before, but was anything ever brought up about Shadow Walking's briefing? There's a glitch in the audio: "During the last op, one of our pilots suffered engine failure an- [pause] pilots suffered engine failure and was unable to land ..."
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Is that the cutscene version of the briefing or slideshow-version?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Is that the cutscene version of the briefing or slideshow-version?

Cutscene. I think there's another one that does it, as well.

[EDIT] Yes, I was correct. In "Distress", the first two or three seconds of audio starts, then restarts.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:32:39 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I don't remember if it was reported before, but was anything ever brought up about Shadow Walking's briefing? There's a glitch in the audio: "During the last op, one of our pilots suffered engine failure an- [pause] pilots suffered engine failure and was unable to land ..."

Play the ogg version in Diaspora/Data/Movies and see if you get the same glitch. I think it's a playback issue rather than one with the video itself.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Play the ogg version in Diaspora/Data/Movies and see if you get the same glitch. I think it's a playback issue rather than one with the video itself.

Confirmed, no glitches when played outside of the game. Though it's odd that it only happens with two of the movies and only in very specific spots.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yes, apologies - that is my fault. Am working on restoring that patch and the final patch for R1.

Any luck? I only have a couple of days left in London and then I'm back on my ridiculously slow connection. So if I need to upload something, better tell me now.

Offline Axem

Ogg video files over a certain filesize tend to have a certain audio stutter/desync in a specific spot. I came across that too in my own adventures in video.

Hi guys! Any news on this? I discovered the game yesterday and I'd like to install it into my Mac, but I cannot find the 1.1 patch anywhere in order to get it fully updated.

Thanks in advance!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It looks like I'm going to have to find a way to upload the VPs and movies myself. You can then use a release build from the SCP forum to play.

Only problem is that I'm currently in small town China and nowhere near my PC. I'll try to get this done after the weekend though.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
I'd love to get a copy of the Mac version of Patch 1.1 if I can. Were you ever able to get a new copy of that uploaded, karajorma?
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I wasn't but they're supposed to be upgrading my internet this week. I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Great. Thanks!
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Okay, uploaded. The updated 1.1. and 1.1.1. VPs can be found here. You can get the new briefing movies (which belong in Data/Movies) here. Any recent build should work.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Much appreciated!
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?