Author Topic: Installations flaged as capital  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Installations flaged as capital
I was going through the ships table and noticed a classification error, err, well not an error as far as the game is concerned. But here goes..
Don`t know if anyone else has noticed this or not, but all installations in game, are flaged as "capital" instead of "installation".. Not that it will really matter,  since the game does not gripe. 

Probably best to leave it as it is, since I see no problems with it staying flaged "capital".
I know, i`m probably being a pain in the as-   :P  :nervous:
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Installations flaged as capital
Yes i noticed that the other day. The only difference it makes is that you can order the installation to fly somewhere, which it won't do because it doesn't have engines.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm not fully up to date, with the latest options in objecttypes.tbl, but I don't think there's too much to be gained by creating another class for "installation", or perhaps "station" for short.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Well, for instance, if its flaged "capital" it can be given the initial order to attack,but it can only rotate to attack a target, but if flaged "installation" it can not be given initial orders.

Flaged capital as they are, will make an installation more versital.  :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:42:34 pm by Whitelight »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
But, is there a parameter in objecttypes.tbl that says "this class of ship can't move", or also "this type of ship can't warp"?  Doesn't appear to be there in the WiKi.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Certain object types have certain effects hard coded in the game. I've asked Goober for a list of what they are a couple of times but to be honest I'm not sure he knows :). I believe though, that installations don't move. If it's not in the table it's hard coded. The table definitely has a valid orders section. If there are no valid orders for the installation type (can't check, don't have the data here), then that would accomplish the not being able to move objective.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
You are correct IP  :) Flagged as an installation, and all you will get is (none) for the initial orders.  That`s one I can vouge for.  :)  :D

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
This is the closest thing to an installation in the default FS objecttypes..
Code: [Select]
$Name: Drydock \n\
$Counts for Alone: YES \n\
$Praise Destruction: YES \n\
$On Hotkey List: YES \n\
$Target as Threat: YES \n\
$Show Attack Direction: YES \n\
;;$Max Debris Speed: 100 \n\
$FF Multiplier: 1.0 \n\
$EMP Multiplier: 0.5 \n\
$Beams Easily Hit: YES \n\
$Fog: \n\
+Start dist: 10.0 \n\
+Compl dist: 750.0 \n\
+Disappear factor: 3.0 \n\
$AI: \n\
+Accept Player Orders: YES \n\
+Auto attacks: YES \n\
+Attempt Broadside: YES \n\
+Actively Pursues: ( \"transport\" \"freighter\" \"awacs\" \"gas miner\" \"cruiser\" \"corvette\" \"capital\" \"super cap\" \"drydock\" \"knossos device\" ) \n\
+Guards attack this: YES \n\
+Turrets attack this: YES \n\
+Passive docks: ( \"support\" )
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light