Author Topic: Havent Seen Much Activity  (Read 17546 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I'm not looking at the picture, I'm looking at it in modelview :D

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Looks greaet woo... except it should be redesignated the Claymore Mk II and the old Mk II redesignated Claymore Mk 1/2. :nod:

EDIT: Actually that looks more like 3 distinct models... if so, I like the upper right one best.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 10:39:37 pm by 1232 »

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
The model's awesome, I just am a little concerned about the cockpit.  It looks, well, somewhat amiss.  Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to not have the cockpit go to the clear-cut extents of the cabin as this one appears to; it should be a little above and behind the tip of the nose.  Especially with the way Freespace AI flys, you'd have shattered cockpits left and right the way it is now.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Claymore Mark IV:

Though we might use it as a replacement for the Mk II

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
me,likes:) :yes:
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Culando

Aah, very cool. I hope you've got better gunpoints on these though and make them less unweildly. The Claymore is so meanuverable that it's hard to fly, and with all it's gunpoints all in one spot, it makes firing on small speedy targets difficult. And the Claymore MK2, you can barely hit the broad side of a Fenris sometimes. =P
The boy who cried project.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The new ones shoud be easier to hit things with as the guns are closer together, though the Mk I remains unchanged.

Offline mr.WHO

MORE EA SHIPS MORE MORE MORE
EA needs a advance Destroyer like GTD Oberon , EAD Lindos is greate but it have a very thin armour when it figth with ancient or shivans
woomeister you are greate :D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 11:55:04 am by 1471 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The only new EA capship is the Raiden. Now the EA need an Arcadia style station :nod:

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I was going to use TrashMan's civilian station but it's too small.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline mr.WHO

And what about civilian ships like heavy freigther , AWACS, science cruiser?

in R1 there is a ancient ship AS Kamilari but when it put it in a mission with friendly ancients figthers and they call a rearm ship  game crash about 2 seconds later.

The Mark 1 Claymore was actually highly superior to the performance of the (now dropped) Vesuvius. We just limited how good it was by stripping it of its Trident missiles. :)

Light fighters (Mihos T, Mihos V, Acacia, Daedalus, Claymore Mk 1, Scorpion, Ashtur, etc) will have performance specs which will make them very difficult to hit in close combat. Players who prefer less touchy fighters will prefer flying a medium or heavy assault fighter, where you need to have something in your sights for less time to kill it. ;)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by mr.WHO
And what about civilian ships like heavy freigther , AWACS, science cruiser?

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
That thing would make a good Q-ship, especially with that big opening in the front which I guess is for research pods. Just gut the interior of the ship and put in some beam cannons and you'll have a pretty dangerous but fragile warship.

GTC Whatever: "Command, this is the GTC Whatever. We've got a science cruiser approaching on an attack vector. What is it doing?"
"Science cruisers": *fires a BSilv beam from the opening in its bow*
GTC Whatever: "That's no sci---" *BOOM*

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Nah only the Setekh gets beam cannons :D

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
No, I'm talking about modified science cruisers used as Q-ships. The regular ones wouldn't get beams.

--General Battuta

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by Woomeister
Claymore Mark IV:

Though we might use it as a replacement for the Mk II

eww...you reversed the engine pods..

Woolie: Q-ship?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
You had to ask...

Best I can tell he means a standard (usually unarmed or poorly armed) vessel fitted with one powerful cannon.  I don't know where the term Q-ship comes from, but this isn't the only thread talking about it.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
A Q-ship refers to a merchant or other civilian ships that have been fitted with powerful, concealed weaponry. It looks like any other freighter--until it opens fire. Q-ships were widely used during World War I.

--General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Ah yes, I do remember those, although the Q-ship designation is a bit misleading if not completely unrelated to the ship.  Those were freighters armed with deck guns or something that were used to bait and sink submarines.  They are only effective for so long before your enemy starts just blasting everything that could pose a threat, whether it in fact does or not.  And it would not work on the Shivans.