Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 850321 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
So what does this mean for the release of INFA?  Is it out then?
I'm waiting on the last tester reports.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
*Warily steps out of bunker*

Cool.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
What the...

Interesting though... Sheesh, now I wonder what the original Ares'd Apollo would look like... :lol:

Apollo mania... haha...  :D
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yay for Apollos. They're probably the best Terran design, too bad they didn't get more attention.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well there's a new one now :)

Now I have to try and map that inteceptor this evening.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
IIRC, there was also GTF Orpheus?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah but that wasn't suitable for INFA2, especially with DH maps.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Of course.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Oh and here's the entire 'FS1 era' collection:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wow.

Very good, I'm assuming the huge Ursa thing is the Zelos. I really like the way you've skinned the heavy Interceptor thing. If you're going to be making equivalents, how about making another Maahes variant for the Zelos? And I see the Valkyrie got Angel-style maps now? Everything looks very spiffy, Woo, keep it up!

Are you going to be making equivalents? ;7

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If you mean for the Shivan/Vasudan additional stuff then no, as the INFA2 stuff can't be run at the same time right now due to lack of table space.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Oh noes no Ares Apollo!!!1!!1!!111 :lol: Just joking. XD

I don't know if I'm in for the interceptor's textures. That papery feel... :shaking:

Maybe I should learn how to model stuff once I've got more free time. Antaeus(sp?) :shaking: is on my mind right now...

But overall I like the FS1 era fleet. Yayzor. :lol:

:)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
My Antaeus is a rather basic mesh, which made it quite difficult to map as there wasn't any real detail on it. I wouldn't like to try and HTL that one :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I actually really like the new designs you just churned out, Woo. They're FS1-style, but you can see some of the curves and smoothness creeping in, and you can see how everything will evolve from GTA to EA. :yes:

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
My Antaeus is a rather basic mesh, which made it quite difficult to map as there wasn't any real detail on it. I wouldn't like to try and HTL that one :D

I dunno.

I just find it odd that it's too... simple... and the size isn't really there compared to the original Hercules. On the other hand, the Herc II at least had some size... Its presence, so to speak. But yes, all in all I like the fleet. :)

I should try drawing out my idea of an Antaeus if I've got time. Could be tricky though, the fighters I'm accustomed to drawing won't fit well with the FS universe...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well the Antaeus has limited secondary capacity with only one bank of missiles, and flys a lot better than the Herc, so it didn't need to be bulky.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Better than the Herc II to justify its :nervous: small size? (genuinely sorry if I sounded rude here :shaking:)

Probably just me who finds oddities in size and detailing... but then again my comp isn't some uberleet PCIx9999999999 whatnot with teraterateraterabytes of hard disk space to support crazy graphic levels...

EDIT: Now I'm thinking about the Angel/Valkyrie series. The people behind those two fighters allied with the EA to create the Stentor perhaps? A mini-campaign idea there meguesses... :lol:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 05:53:40 pm by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Don't know I didn't base the Antaeus stats on the Herc 2.

My pc has an ATI 9200SE which is a pretty outdated card, and it'll run all those ships in those shots fine.