Community Projects > The FreeSpace Port Upgrade

HTL Lucifer RELEASE

(1/26) > >>

Vasudan Admiral:
First posted on SectorGame here during HLP's self imposed holiday ;)
Oh, and there's been a minor bug fix since then, so redownload if you don't want the rear missile launcher to be pitch black.

W00t! At loooong last, I've finished the lucy. It's been far too long comming, since it really should have been done months ago with the first pack release, but finishing school and the HSC put a stop to that.

============ Lucifer =============

Credits: Used Lightspeeds Lucifer textures as a base for this merged one. All else by me, and thanks to DaBrain for texture format help. :)

^This is a bit of an old pic now, but I'm too lazy and tired to get a better one. The main difference anyway is that this one has no turrets, and is also lacking the claw thingies on the part behind the arms.

Piccy 2
Old & New Comparison 1
Old & New Comparison 2
Old & New Comparison 3

Ok, there are two versions of this as follows:

1) Highest Detail
=> 12 304 polys, 2048x2048 res texture (high detail turrets :\ )
Download - 6 megs
This is a seriously high detail version, though it should run pretty smoothly when you consider that there will only be one of them at a time, all turrets are using the main map which will already be in memory, and it doesn't have a lot of them anyway.
If however you do find it's not running well, and you don't want to use the low detail version, CLICK HERE for a small (605kb) zip containing a half size glow, shine and debris map.

2) Medium Detail
=> 4613 polys, 1024x1024 res texture
Removed - There's no real point to these medium detail versions anymore. Just halve the res of the textures instead.
This is for those peeps whose machines may have a bit of trouble keeping up. Visually, there's not all that much difference, but the smaller texture set will be the main advantage in terms of performance here. :)

It's also worth mentioning that these Lucifer varients have two additional turrets - the weird 4 claw thingies on the sides. We're pretty sure these are intended to be what the Lucy uses to pummel hapless planets like VPrime to scrap with as opposed to the arm guns, which appear to be more of an anti-ship weapon.
Anyway, to activate them, insert:

$Subsystem: turret18,0.5,0.5
    $Default PBanks: ( "InsertWeaponHere" )
$Subsystem: turret19,0.5,0.5
    $Default PBanks: ( "InsertWeaponHere" )

to the Lucifers table entry at the end of the turret, and before the subsystems. (If you are unsure, just ask.)
===================================

Now, I already released this here on HLP......but it got about 4 or so replys, so I'll try again in this thread in an attempt to raise cargo-awareness. ;)

============ TC-Tri =============

Credits: Original model built by Black Wolf, model modifications, texture and rest by me.

Piccy 2
Old & New Comparison

Three versions of the box as follows:

1) Highest Detail
=> 3420 polys, 2048x2048 res texture
Download - 5.6 megs
Yes, this is an insane level of detail for a glorified box, but it's a box the size of a cruiser!

2) Medium Detail
=> 3420 polys, 1024x1024 res texture (same model, smaller texture)
Removed - There's no real point to these medium detail versions anymore. Just halve the res of the textures instead.
Here's a more sane version

3) Tiled Monstrosity
=> 1661 polys, 1024x1024 res texture
Removed - There's _REALLY_ no point in having this one. Low detail AND hideous.
I hate this version, and bear no responsability for any meals you loose whenever you look at it. :p (yes - I really hate texture tiling)

Both the UV mapped versions have nameplates with a blank template included. The tiled version doesn't because I forgot. :)
===================================

Let me know of any bugs and I'll do my best to fix em. If a texture Guru wants to go over the textures and beautify them, go ahead! Other than that, enjoy!

Oh, and next on my todo list is the Arcadia, which I've now started: Piccy!..... Where that piccy is of!
followed by the Poesiodon, so nobody nick em! Or else! :p

DaBrain:
Great work. I'm sorry I kinda gave up working on the Lucifer textures.

Shivan maps are a lot more complicated for me than Terran maps are. And the Lucifer is just too big. I've completed ~50% though. Maybe I'll continiue after learning a few more techniques.

starfox:
Awesome work on the Lucifer, Though I wonder why glowmaps aren't working. Every other ship works just fine.
Something about the Lucy itself though...it looks looks like some "transformer ship" to me. With its front arms, horns and other joint like features, it looks to me as if it could change configuration to some other model. Maybe it's just me though...

I always like the idea in Spaceballs:
Col. Sandurz:
"- Spaceball one has now become...
drum, drum, drum, drum, drum...Megamaid

Anyway, beautiful job on the Lucy, looking forward to see HTL Arcadia !!!

Wanderer:
I think those side turrets should be (heavy) beam cannons. Atleast IIRC in FS2 intro Lucifer blast GTD Legion into a burning wreck with just one of the beams fired from the four clawed thingye. But as it may harm some earlier campaings (Derelict?) it might not be reasonable to add those to the ships.tbl entry but rather use tbms for it. Like so:

lucifer-shp.tbm
----file start----
#Ship Classes
$Name: SD Lucifer
+nocreate
$Subsystem: turret18,0.5,0.5
    $Default PBanks: ( "SRed" )
$Subsystem: turret19,0.5,0.5
    $Default PBanks: ( "SRed" )
#End
---end of file---

Flaser:

--- Quote from: starfox on December 09, 2005, 04:59:13 am ---Awesome work on the Lucifer, Though I wonder why glowmaps aren't working. Every other ship works just fine.
Something about the Lucy itself though...it looks looks like some "transformer ship" to me. With its front arms, horns and other joint like features, it looks to me as if it could change configuration to some other model. Maybe it's just me though...

I always like the idea in Spaceballs:
Col. Sandurz:
"- Spaceball one has now become...
drum, drum, drum, drum, drum...Megamaid

Anyway, beautiful job on the Lucy, looking forward to see HTL Arcadia !!!

--- End quote ---

You're playing Derelict aren't you?
Then just wait and play along, it will be worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version