Author Topic: Hi res fs1 ships vp?  (Read 7282 times)

I mean for the hi res apollo and others if there are any, It would be nice if there was one officialy. For one, the apollo modlel is excellent but it keeps residing on temporary internet servers and getting lost.  It would also be great for simplicity matters.

Angel, Apollo, Athena and Valkyrie are in my fsport ShivanSpS download
http://huggybaby.fs2downloads.com/FS1_Port_3.rar  388MB or
http://huggybaby.fs2downloads.com/Fs1_port_3.7z  227 MB (slow to unzip)

Oh realy great! I didn't notice that you already made one. Thanks!

It would be better if the vp could be hosted seperatly thatway so people don't have to redl the entire mod from the link you gave me.
  Also the apollo in the vp you gave me is the one with the white and red glow textures that don't work. Or rather (don't show up) At the apollo thread there was a big conversation and someone changed the green one to red so that would work but when they made the vp they didnt change the old texture with the new one.

Offline ShivanSpS

Well, the Angel and the Valkyrie is not a hi-poly, is just new textures...

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
New hi poly one doesn't seem far off thanks to Vasudan Admiral, keep your eyes on this cause if he finishes all these fighters than the number of high-poly fs1 fighters will get quite a bit higher.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,44840.0.html

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Versions of Angel and Valkyrie with cockpits are in INF:A, which are quite easily transfered to FSPort.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well, the Angel and the Valkyrie is not a hi-poly, is just new textures...
The standalone version of Inferno: Alliance has a HTL Angel scout.

yes, though the dl links are hard to find.  In the old angel and valkarie textures thread, The valkarie texture link dosen't work.
It would be best if things like this could be put somewhere that is easy for new people to find an enjoy, rather then get lost on ancient threads.  Also the apollo htl vp has just been updated with working red glows.  And i think the athena has been updated several times.  So huggybaby your dl link of the entire port with the new fs1 shipvps  is also out of date.

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
high res models would be nice...but I dont wanna download nearly 340 megs....I own a copy of the original FS1 so I can get the bulk of the necessities from there....

Ah.....somehow the thought of playing FS1 again (using the port since the FS2 engine makes it look so much better...though the feeling of playing the original after playing FS2 so long is kinda like playing DIABLO after playing DIABLO 2....that refreshing OLD feeling). Unfortunately I nearly wore those discs out...LOTS of fine scratches on them. So playing the original would have to do. PLEASE dont tell me I gotta dl the 340 megs to get higher poly ships. Stuff that big is the bane of dial up.
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
You can do anything with dial up. Just get a download program so you can pause and resume, and do overnight downloads. I downloaded iso's all the time when i had dialup and one iso took about 32 hours. Things could be worse, just go ahead and take the plunge.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Will there be a simple dl for inferno: aliance ships that are used in fs1, like the cockpited valkari as with the other hi poly fs1 ships.  It seems to me to be somewhat important that we should put all these scatared models together.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Unfortunately I nearly wore those discs out...LOTS of fine scratches on them. So playing the original would have to do.
Use a Skip / Game / CD / DVD / whatever DR. (they are all the same), or any disc resurfacing tool that resurfaces the whole disk (Memorex makes one).  I use them, they usually work 100%.  Just make sure you follow instructions, ie keep the disc wet when resurfacing.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
One thing that works good for cd's is facial oil. I know it sounds gross, but grab a scratched cd and rub it against your forehead, get it good and oily, then proceed to polish the cd, and it works pretty ok, it's not the best. But, your own body produces it, it's more than a household item you have around, and facial oil when polishing with it makes **** look great too.

Of course if you want to go the extreme way of retrieving cd's enough to back them up and re-burn the image. I take a dull pairing knife and i buff the scratches out manually enough to make the cd drive be able to read the whole cd slowly, but enough to make an image of it on my hard drive. My friend came up with a more efficient method where you have a portable disc player and you keep the lid open and put the disc on upside down. The disk will spin while you take a toothbrush and just go all along the whole cd which results in buffing the whole cd just enough so you can backup the disc and re-burn it later. Or of course load up the image in a virtual drive. I prefer to do it manually with a pairing knife isolating and buffing only the scratched areas that i see, as opposed to buffing the whole cd. And of course this is without using facial oil and polishing the underside of a cd with it.
Of course i'm an extreme mofo, but doing it this way, you save money on buying a disc doctor which works no where near as good as me doing it. Like i said dull pairing knife, or if you're a beginner and don't want to it manually, do the upside down cd player toothbrush method and buff the whole cd. Of course to get rid of a scratch with a dull pairing knife point just sort of massage the scratch out of the cd(cd plastic is pretty malleable) until all you see is like some slight ripples in the cd plastic  which the laser on the cd drive is able to work with as opposed to full blown scratches.

More on facial oil...
I once took my friends lord of the rings sword that the humans used in the movie, and rubbed my face and forehead all across it when he was out of his dorm. And then i polished it, it looked absolutely great, better than ever. When my friend saw it when he came back in he was impressed. When i told him what the **** i did to his sword, he said that's gross and don't do it again, but he liked how good it looked. Anyway go whatever way you like when recovering a cd, i like using human ingenuity, and that's what the dude in the link posted who used hair gel did. It's just i don't have hair gel, i don't have to purchase any oil, and a dull pairing knife point works great...among a toothbrush(my mom always yelled at me for using her pairing knife for cutting wire of any thickness...it's what made the knife dull enough for cd's, and i guess still good enough to cut veggies  :lol:).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 11:03:52 pm by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
You can use DDump + Frontend to backup your discs, it works pretty good...  also ISO Recorder v2 (unofficial Windows Power Toy) will do this, and also burn the images... anyone else have suggestions?

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
He should just take the plunge with dialup and using an fs2 torrent to get the images back if he can't ressurect his copies. He has dialup, but torrenting is reliable, and not always the fastest way to get something (on my ****ty campus net most of my torrents stay at 5kbps half the time before it completes). It would work fine, it's an easy way to find fs or fs2, and it is resumable.

SMBFD

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I suppose... but as long as the label side of a disc is unharmed, you can resurface the other side (the bottom side) until it becomes good as new... you just may have to do it more than once (sometimes alot more than once)!

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
You can use DDump + Frontend to backup your discs, it works pretty good...  also ISO Recorder v2 (unofficial Windows Power Toy) will do this, and also burn the images... anyone else have suggestions?

DoISO.  It's open-source, IIRC.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]