Author Topic: INFA Status Thread  (Read 83969 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Here is a brief outline of the current status of the standalone release of INFA.

Modes:
Current the modpack can be run in either INFA, INFA2, or FSPort modes which determine starting weapons and the main game balance. FSPort mode is the general FS1 mode, removing all railguns and balance changes, INFA mode is the standard, and INFA2 mode brings flak and beams into the mix. All weapons are available in all modes, just the default loadouts are changed, but the EA ships are unique to INFA2 mode to keep the table limit down. INFA2 mode will not be available in the first release.

INFA Mode Campaign Compatability:
Main INFA Campaign

INFA2 Mode Campaign Compatability:
INFA2 Campaign

FSPort Mode Campaign Compatability:
Awakenings - Multi-mod setup required, All files except for voice files are included with INFA (voice download available from FSPort website)
Blaise Russels Shivans - Requires additional downloads, multi-mod setup required
FS1 - FSPort 3.0.4 mission file download required as minimum
Silent Threat - FSPort 3.0.4 mission file download required as minimum

Missions:
Not started yet, still in planning phase

Models:
All base models are done and a lot of them are now high poly. Below is a list of the current status for the Terran stuff.

HTL Models:
GTF Apollo
GTF Angel
GTF Antaeus
GTF Hercules
GTF Loki
GTB Aphaea
GTB Zeus
GTB Callisto
GTB Medusa
GTB Hera
GTB Ursa
GTS Centaur
GTC Vidar
GTC Fenris
GTC Leviathan
GTC Tyr
GTCv Erinome
GTD Orion
GTD Zagreus
GTD Megaera
Asteroid Base
GTT Elysium
GTSG Watchdog
GTSG Cerberus

WIP HTL Models:
GTF Valkyrie
GTB Athena
GTSC Faustus

Non HTL Models:
GTF Ulysses
GTD Hades
GTI Arcadia
GTI Aristotle
GTExA
GTExC
GTExX
GTFr Poseidon
TSC 2
GTFr Chronos
TAC 1
GTFr Aether
GTEP Hermes

Multi:
Multiplayer should be possible over LAN in any mode as long as all players are using the same mode (e.g. FSPort)

Weapons:
Weapons are more or less done except for any fixes or balance changes we deem are needed
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 06:34:37 am by Woomeister »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Mission Update
INFA campaign is now extended to thirty missions, of which about 5 are in progress.

Woot! Punisher Cannnon!  :D

Wait a second... I don't see the Lindos anywhere on that shiplist. Please don't say it has been dropped.  :(

Anyhow, that's great news. I'm really looking forward to this...
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Lindos does not appear in INFA2. It was developed afterward. So was the Ryujin. The destroyers the EA use are the Zagreus and the Tereus instead.

Oh good. I like the Lindos. It would have been horrible to not have it in the mod anymore.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The final EA ship list for INFA2 hasn't been decided yet, what is currently up there are the confirmed ships.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
http://hosted.filefront.com/Woomeister/1935741
A new trailer of the current INFA mod, mostly new INFA missions, a few oldies and scenes from Awakenings and the FS1 main campaign.

Awww... that movie file crashes WMP.

I'll just wait for someone to upload it to youtube, or something.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Works fine on my WMP11...
You might want to check your DIVX/XVID codec...

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
A very nice trailer indeed. :)

Is your take on the Leviathan compatible with ordinary Freespace?  Its nice to see a visually distinct Leviathan that isn't just a color change.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
More or less, I had to move the turrets slightly so they weren't in the hull or floating in space but it has the same basic configuration, and it seems to work fine when used in the FS1 campaign.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Would you care to post it up, or keep it reserved for the eventual INFA Release?
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
We have discussed about modifying the armament(adding more turrets, for example)but appears that the INFA Leviathan is going to remain as it is :)

I don't know if normal Leviathan nameplates are compatible with this INFA Leviathan model.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I don't know if normal Leviathan nameplates are compatible with this INFA Leviathan model.
They should be.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Nice trailer, looking forward to INFA2 so GET FREDING AND STOP POSTING ON THE FORUM!!!!!!!!  :P  :P
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I always post on the forum! ;)

At least I don't go on MSN while attempting to FRED.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
GET FREDING AND STOP POSTING ON THE FORUM!!!!!!!!  :P  :P

It's not easy when you want to spam :P

I work admirably when I don't have the Internet :)

At least I don't go on MSN while attempting to FRED.

That's my main weakness...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Sometimes I find myself writing what my friend just said into the messages editor...

Offline shiven_warior

• A true shivan

I work admirably when I don't have the Internet :)

[quote/]

somebody hide his modem antill he finishes plz.... :P
i know i misspeld my name >_<

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I was about to PM Goober5000, requesting a week suspension from HLP. I want to be momentarily banned from GW and SG as well. This will improve my chances of FREDding as I used to.

But MSN is almost invincible. Admiral Edivad considers it a Tyrant... :eek2:
The Lightblue Ribbon