Author Topic: Inf outtakes download question  (Read 27987 times)

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
Re: Inf outtakes download question
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:07:27 am by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No its just beam free all, and fire-beam going off at the same time from the same turret.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That Gigas is just the Moloch, Sathanas, and Rakshasa models combined with extra turrets. A mix of parts. I did say long ago that it wasn't very original and for a SSJ class, it should be more original since it is a special class of ship.
No.

It is not a kitbash.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The original one was, the current one is not however. Though it is designed based on the Rakshasa, like the current INFR1 one was actually, there is definitely no Sathanas, Moloch or Ravana in there.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I like the new Gigas. Still as big as ever, but more Shivan-like in appearance. My first thought was that it was a 20:1 scale of the Rakshasa affixed with the prongs of the Ravana in front. In short, I think it is an excellent combination of appearance and terror. :nod:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:07:15 am by High Max »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
And I hope there are more massive Shivan ships of similar size where that came from in the Inferno canon. Sadly, it will be a while before we can touch Inferno, and seemingly INFA too.

Don't worry. There's always INFR1 and all the other mods to keep us occupied, not to mention drooling at the FTF MiG.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
And I hope there are more massive Shivan ships of similar size where that came from in the Inferno canon. Sadly, it will be a while before we can touch Inferno, and seemingly INFA too.

Get a fake identity and attend the Uni for me so that I can have more FreeTime for INFA. :p
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
This new Gigas is awesome ,but as lo-poly as previous ,so if I had choice I don't know which one I would choose. I agree your Gigas is better than my Shiva ,but keep in mind Shiva is not a replacement for Gigas ,but for Gargant. I like current Gigas and as you could see I have retextured it ,but the Gargant really looks like modyfied Sathanas and Gargant was the reason why I released Shiva. The only flaw of your current Gigas is it's a bit too similar to Rakshasa ,and previous one better fitted Shivan "tradition" of not making two similar ships. So can you post current picture of the Gargant? I wonder how does it looks right now. Shiva really has nothing to do with Gigas
(I don't think making him second largest Shivan ever released does count).  :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The Gargant is so much bigger than Superjuggernauts. It's a Hive.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Shivan "tradition" of not making two similar ships.
While the Cain and Lilith use the same hulls the Rakshasa is basically a mini-Ravana in terms of design features and loadout.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I fail to understand how the Ravana and the Rakshasa would be so similar in terms of design. :confused:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
They both feature many prongs that shoot beams and do not curve inward.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I fail to understand how the Ravana and the Rakshasa would be so similar in terms of design. :confused:
They were made with offense in mind, their beam weaponry is concentrated all on the front, with the prongs, and even a spike on the bottom-aft of the ship that houses a AAA beam.
They certainly weren't designed to look alike if that's what you think I was trying to say, they aren't but they do share certain similarites in their designs.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The Gargant is so much bigger than Superjuggernauts. It's a Hive.

Shiva is also a hive ,it's 40Km long.
While the Cain and Lilith use the same hulls the Rakshasa is basically a mini-Ravana in terms of design features and loadout.
Cain and Lilith are exception that confirms the rule ,as for Ravana and Rakshasa I agree with Commander Zane ,they have similarities because of offensive role.
And they don't look like made from the same parts ,the thing which Gargant and new Gigas does.
I suggest to play around with textures.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
They were made with offense in mind, their beam weaponry is concentrated all on the front, with the prongs, and even a spike on the bottom-aft of the ship that houses a AAA beam.

What's so special? That's the description of the average Shivan ship. The Shivans tend to mount their turrets on the front because, unlike Terrans(example), they don't fear flanking maneuvers(or better, they don't care if they lose ships that way).
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
This new Gigas is awesome ,but as lo-poly as previous ,so if I had choice I don't know which one I would choose. I agree your Gigas is better than my Shiva ,but keep in mind Shiva is not a replacement for Gigas ,but for Gargant. I like current Gigas and as you could see I have retextured it ,but the Gargant really looks like modyfied Sathanas and Gargant was the reason why I released Shiva. The only flaw of your current Gigas is it's a bit too similar to Rakshasa ,and previous one better fitted Shivan "tradition" of not making two similar ships. So can you post current picture of the Gargant? I wonder how does it looks right now. Shiva really has nothing to do with Gigas
(I don't think making him second largest Shivan ever released does count).  :)
That Gigas actually has about 3x the polycount of the one used in R1. I think it's around 1.8k without turrets
The original design premise for the R1 Gigas was actually to make a giant Rakshasa looking thing. Which I now believe I succeeded in doing :D
The current Gargant is the same mesh as the one used in the current renders, just with more tiled mapping (to match its size) and an increased turret count

Raskolnikov

The new Gigas is scary. :yes:

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:07:44 am by High Max »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Look at previous page in this thread or click "screenshot" button at the download page on Freespace Mods.