Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Tools

RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.5

<< < (123/124) > >>

Rhymes:
Honestly, use knossos (link in my sig). It's easier and more user friendly. Think Steam.

Sutehp:
Ok, installed Knossos, and I just found the option to enable my joystick. Testing it now.

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: Rhymes on December 27, 2019, 08:46:28 pm ---Knossos promotion in th topic of the other installer

--- End quote ---

kek.jpg

Goober5000:

--- Quote from: Sutehp on December 27, 2019, 07:48:24 pm ---Ok, new poster here.

I'm replaying FS1 and FS2 after almost two decades since I played both games the first time. I'm trying to play FS1 on the FS2 engine but I've hit a wall. I installed the FreespaceOpenInstaller but how do I actually get this thing to run so that I can play FS1 on the FS2 engine? Since the "noob-friendly" Guide to Installing FreeSpace 2 Open is obsolete, I could use some pointers on how to get FS1 as FS2 to run.

Also, keep in mind that I'm not any kind of computer programmer, so please keep the instructions simple. I'm looking in my GOG/Freespace 2 folder and I'm not seeing Launcher.exe. However, I *am* seeing "fs2_open_19_0_0_RC2_SSE2-FASTDBG" and "fs2_open_19_0_0_RC2_SSE2" in my GOG/Freespace 2 folder. What do I do next?
--- End quote ---

1) Using the FSO Installer, install FreeSpace Open, the FreeSpace Port, and wxLauncher.

2) Install wxLauncher.

3) Using wxLauncher, select your fs2_open application (in this case fs2_open_19_0_0_RC2_SSE2) and the FreeSpace Port mod.  Then configure your settings (graphics resolution etc.) and launch the game.

Using Knossos is fine, but it's a good idea to make sure the original question is answered too.

perihelion:

--- Quote from: Rhymes on December 27, 2019, 08:46:28 pm ---Honestly, use knossos (link in my sig). It's easier and more user friendly. Think Steam.

--- End quote ---
It really is, when it’s working. Unfortunately there is something seriously wrong with the Linux implementations at the moment. At least the pre-built 0.13.3 I can get from the repository.  I’m having to use a hybrid of Knossos, FSOInstaller, and a package of wxLauncher I happened to find to get all mods working. So, I’m very much glad multiple options are still available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version