Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > The Aftermath: Reboot

RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot

<< < (73/82) > >>

EatThePath:

--- Quote from: herkie423 on August 28, 2021, 08:37:31 am ---
When I was making the Reboot, I didn't scrap the original code just add some code... I did not erase the original "continue" SEXP. I realized that in the latest FSO built, it will cause a problem. Probably beause the latest CPUs, them with multi cores, multi threads are no longer linear in processing things.

--- End quote ---

It's defintely not a parallel processing thing, sexp processing doesn't do that and it'd take a spectacular screwup if it ever does in a way that would create this problem.

But there have been changes, some intentional and some not, that can break things like this. Using the 3.7.2 engine is definitely the right thing to do unless that version is entirely unusable for you for some reason. That goes for any older mod, really, of course for whatever version they were made for.

herkie423:

--- Quote from: EatThePath on August 28, 2021, 10:55:06 am ---
--- Quote from: herkie423 on August 28, 2021, 08:37:31 am ---
When I was making the Reboot, I didn't scrap the original code just add some code... I did not erase the original "continue" SEXP. I realized that in the latest FSO built, it will cause a problem. Probably beause the latest CPUs, them with multi cores, multi threads are no longer linear in processing things.

--- End quote ---

It's defintely not a parallel processing thing, sexp processing doesn't do that and it'd take a spectacular screwup if it ever does in a way that would create this problem.

--- End quote ---

I see. Well, I just assume computers work that way, them with their multi-cores.

I made this mod with the ancient FSO 372 and still using it. For some reasons, it did not have any problems even with the 372 Debug build. So the bug was overlooked.

ryanchealth:
I am not a programmer or familiar with FRED.  How exactly do I fix this?  I finish the Adhara mission and complete everything but it wont let me progress to the next level.

Ryan

herkie423:

--- Quote from: ryanchealth on September 17, 2021, 11:02:47 pm ---I am not a programmer or familiar with FRED.  How exactly do I fix this?  I finish the Adhara mission and complete everything but it wont let me progress to the next level.

--- End quote ---

I am currently making my playthrough with Reboot and TBG . I am way past the "Adhara Exodus" and "Avenging Adhara." I don't see any bugs. The missions, I mean all the missions until my current mission (Act 9) doesn't have any problems.

herkie423:
I am doing a playthrough and I am now in Act 9. So far no game breaking problems. Although, I made some adjustments/improvements to some of the missions. And some grammar checks and changes in the narrative, dialogues, and others. So another update is coming to both AF Reboot and TBG. Just a small download, 1mb at least (because it's just the mission files (both AFMissionV1.vp and AFMissionV2.vp files)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version