Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 580266 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Qaz, next time you're on, could you flatten a bit more of the land on the other side of hte main road in New TrashMania?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I mentioned the idea to rhx when he was on earlier, and he left it up to me, so as long as no one has any pressing objections, I'm thinking about cruising around the Nether and recovering the track system, so I can put the components in the storehouse for common use.  It seems a shame to lose all that stuff when the Nether is wiped, at least for those of us who don't have creative mode.

Edit: Hey Grimper, I stopped by earlier to check out the setup at your tree farm, and that little "thumper" you replicated was lagging the hell out of me.  Also, I ran into two or three abandoned minecars on your track and was promptly set upon by multiple spiders, which was not exactly fun.  I put the minecarts in your "Free Seeds" chest.  You really need to plop down a few torches along that rail; I had to fumble along in the dark the rest of the way to your house. :p
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:07:21 pm by Mongoose »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Okay...as of now, the Mongoose Salvage Co. has removed all of the rail, redstone torches, and buttons associated with the main Netherrail line, and placed them in their requisite chests in the storehouse.  (I might go back and grab the fencing separating the two rails later, since the storehouse doesn't have much of that.)  I didn't touch any of the signage, so it's still useful as a shortcut until the Nether's reset.  If anyone still needed to use the rail on a regular basis, I'll gladly pull a mea culpa and re-lay it.  I left the loop to the portal to Sara's floating island, since I assumed that was her own material.  I also left the loop from the locked "library" door to another portal, since I have no idea who owns that.  I'm assuming it's whoever made the great little "Your Ad Here" sign next to that huge circular...whatever it is.  It's an awesome thing, albeit rather infested with Endermen at the moment. :p

Oh, and if anyone is ever in need of wood, wheat, melons, or mushrooms, just let me know and I'll hit you up.  Come to think of it, I should toss some melon seeds in the storehouse, since I have more of them than I know what to do with.

Did my first big attempt at internal decorating in my Keep, turning the cold-grey stone lower interiors of the structure into quite a lively and 'warmer' environment. Playing around with underground trees is a hit/miss though. There's plenty of more methods and things I need to add, clutter, etc to make it even better but i'm pretty proud of the results thus far. Hope to eventually make the entire living area below the Keep be a nice place though I also want to keep at least a part of the area more like medieval, barracks, military like. Not sure what everything will turn out to be in the end though.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft

Edit: Hey Grimper, I stopped by earlier to check out the setup at your tree farm, and that little "thumper" you replicated was lagging the hell out of me.  Also, I ran into two or three abandoned minecars on your track and was promptly set upon by multiple spiders, which was not exactly fun.  I put the minecarts in your "Free Seeds" chest.  You really need to plop down a few torches along that rail; I had to fumble along in the dark the rest of the way to your house. :p

Ironically enough that thumper is set to go off when my mob trap spawns some mobs and kills them, and you encountered mobs outside as well. Jeez I can't catch a break xD
Spose I can slow down the thumper though.

Dunno what all the minecarts were doing there though...pretty sure they arn't mine.

As for lighting up the track...well that would make it too easy. I like natural, and lighting up unused outdoor space to keep mobs away doesn't seem natural to me. That's also the reason my minecart track moves with the land instead of continuing the elevated track.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:34:04 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Okay...as of now, the Mongoose Salvage Co. has removed all of the rail, redstone torches, and buttons associated with the main Netherrail line, and placed them in their requisite chests in the storehouse.  (I might go back and grab the fencing separating the two rails later, since the storehouse doesn't have much of that.)  I didn't touch any of the signage, so it's still useful as a shortcut until the Nether's reset.  If anyone still needed to use the rail on a regular basis, I'll gladly pull a mea culpa and re-lay it.  I left the loop to the portal to Sara's floating island, since I assumed that was her own material.  I also left the loop from the locked "library" door to another portal, since I have no idea who owns that.  I'm assuming it's whoever made the great little "Your Ad Here" sign next to that huge circular...whatever it is.  It's an awesome thing, albeit rather infested with Endermen at the moment. :p

Oh, and if anyone is ever in need of wood, wheat, melons, or mushrooms, just let me know and I'll hit you up.  Come to think of it, I should toss some melon seeds in the storehouse, since I have more of them than I know what to do with.

Thanks for doing that.  I was planning on doing it myself but I got caught up in the 1.0.0 launch frenzy and had updated before I had realised and with other things occupying my time (Skyward Sword, Dorf Fortress, coding, life, etc.) I haven't had the chance to downgrade yet.

Anybody have any idea how I can prevent pigzombies from spawning on the tracks when I rebuild?  As some of you have seen I have been experimenting with combinations of blocks and fences to try and stop them but they still popped up from time to time and I want to get it right when I rebuild the network in 1.0.x.

Also... it might be a good idea for those with portals who want them linking back up to the new network to post their overworld X/Y/Z/F co-ordinates so I can manually rebuild the nether side ones to ensure we don't get as much conflicting as we did before.  Also say if you want a station, built-up or just left exposed.  I'll have creative access so I might as well make use of it. :D

If any of the new nether structures get in the way of the network I'll do my best to go around and even add a access station but if it looks like it will look good I will break in and build through unless anybody has any objections.

Once I have the basic layout done and tracks laid I will give up creative mode and return to my life of strip mining to continue it's expansion.
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Just how long will it be until bukkit updates to 1.0.0? It's just that every time I tried to downgrade, Minecraft stopped working. So now i've just given up with MPS and begun to hone my skills at strip mining and cave exploration.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, this is kind of getting absurd.  I've seen reference to some people using whatever release candidate is out there to successfully run 1.0; is that a possibility, or would it just cause more trouble than it's worth?

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken