Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 580235 times)

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Wait... isn't there a LOG of every cube being set and by who?
It would be a shame to be discovered as a liar as well as a mindless "griefer"

Just sayin...
Signed, me

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Err yes I just said that in my last post.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Not to nitpick, but neither did my old wall in old TrashMania...still didn't stop it from beign torn down from blocking someones view. Double standards?
Let's be honest here...

We never called that griefing, so I don't know where you're going with this.

Disruptive behaviour is disruptive behaviour. Bad practices are bad practices. Weather they are labeled greifing per see or not is irrelevant.

Building something in somones back yard and blocking his view - would you rate it more irritating than breaking 4 blocks or not?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
well, didn't have log when the sign went up, mainly because the tower is possibly one of the oldest constructions on the server, but yeah, grimper took down the sign and put the new one up.

I'm quite short on time at the moment so won't be on the server for a while, thus mura is now a server admin because he's impartial.

Also, this was the only way he'd let me go out drinking and share a hotel room with his wife.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Quote from: Grimper
- Hojo has expanded his underground pit into sara's tunnel entrance

I'm pretty sure that a chunk error's doing.  Besides, once my strip mining operation eventually reaches that tunnel I was planning to build around it with windows and everything.
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Awesome thanks qaz ^^

Now we can hopefully get those biome changes done...but griefer damage in trashmania 1 def needs to be fixed first. Also mura, biome change stuff is from this post if you can possibly spare a bit of time to help us out :)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73227.msg1607687#msg1607687

Wish list so far is:

- Changing my base from swamp to forest (base centered @ -171, 796 and all contained within the round stone wall)
- Changing trashmania 2 from tundra to forest I presume (all snow in the area of 1100, 1264)
- Changing tommo's base from swamp to jungle (the treehouse and surrounds @ 984, -41, note the glass and water thing is someone elses base, so change the swamp there to forest I guess)
- Changing fenris from swamp to forest (check with kyad to confirm, but I presume he wants it fixed, swamp water in arboretum is ugly)
- JC wants something as well...need to find his post

I think that's everyone...if not they can post.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:10:57 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Awesome thanks qaz ^^

Now we can hopefully get those biome changes done...but griefer damage in trashmania 1 def needs to be fixed first. Also mura, biome change stuff is from this post if you can possibly spare a bit of time to help us out :)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73227.msg1607687#msg1607687

Wish list so far is:

- Changing my base from swamp to forest (base centered @ -171, 796 and all contained within the round stone wall)
- Changing trashmania 2 from tundra to forest I presume (all snow in the area of 1100, 1264)
- Changing tommo's base from swamp to jungle (the treehouse and surrounds @ 984, -41, note the glass and water thing is someone elses base, so change the swamp there to forest I guess)
- Changing fenris from swamp to forest (check with kyad to confirm, but I presume he wants it fixed)
- JC wants something as well...need to find his post

I think that's everyone...if not they can post.

you do realise he doesn't know he's an admin yet?
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Well he will when he sees this I guess xD
When Australia burned.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Oh ****, i don't even think i have minecraft updated to the latest one...

uh, thanks for admin-ship... changes? that's... gonna have to wait until i am not too nervous to touch stuff without breaking the server
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:19:51 am by Mura »
Signed, me

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Strange shadow growing in the north? o.o

uh, thanks for admin-ship... changes? that's... gonna have to wait until i am not too nervous to touch stuff without breaking the server

That's what backups are for :p
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:20:35 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
hm, I should probably make one of those.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Mura? I don't recall the last time I've seen him on the server :P

Frankly, if I were you I'd give to someone who is more often on-line..like sandwich.
Or maybe I'm jstu always on-line when Mura isn't and I'm getting the wrong impression....

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Well sammich was my guess as well...but I'm guessing mura knows qaz in rl or was that just a joke?
When Australia burned.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
i'm prettier
Signed, me

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
If it isn't, we might not see qaz again...

Also, this was the only way he'd let me go out drinking and share a hotel room with his wife.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
That's pretty much it.
Signed, me

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Well, sicne you're the man with at hte controls now, I'm gonna ask you for temporary creative back...

and yeah....the Biome thing grimper mentioned.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Please please please make sure Fenris is backed up. That's an entire year of work. Heck, if you wouldn't mind, I'd greatly appreciate being sent the files for those specific chunks occasionally as my own personal backup... :nervous:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
backups done