Author Topic: BioWare founders Greg and Ray retiring  (Read 1424 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
BioWare founders Greg and Ray retiring
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/from-aaryn-flynn/
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/from-ray-muzyka/
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/from-greg-zeschuk/

They don't say it, but it should be pretty obvious to any observer who watched pre-EA BioWare and post-EA BioWare that corporate culture probably has a fair bit to do with their decisions.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: BioWare founders Greg and Ray retiring
Executive Producer Casey Hudson and his team are coming off an amazing eight-year run with the Mass Effect trilogy. But they’re not done yet. We are releasing more multiplayer content and we have more single-player stories coming throughout the next six months, including Omega which is coming in the Fall. But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game. “Where to go next?” with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we’d all love to hear your ideas.

speculate. speculate. spec-u-late

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Executive Producer Casey Hudson and his team are coming off an amazing eight-year run with the Mass Effect trilogy. But they’re not done yet. We are releasing more multiplayer content and we have more single-player stories coming throughout the next six months, including Omega which is coming in the Fall. But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game. “Where to go next?” with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we’d all love to hear your ideas.

MMOPRG, whether we want it or not.

All I can say is they'd better hire some competent multiplayer programmers and designers.  ME3's multi is fun, but oh-so-broken.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

i'd like to go to an alternate universe where the ME3 ending was good

sadly i don't think that's what they had in mind
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
I'm guessing prequel or interquel...there's no canon ending. Not that the fact that a sequel is a bad idea would necessarily stop post-EA BioWare, of course.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Mass Effect 4(or whatever it is) has been offically comfirmed by PC Gamer along with Dragon Age 3 and a brand new IP. People are saying it will be MMO but i am not so sure with the decline in Old Republic. Also i hope it isnt a MMO i hate mmo's there is little or no proper story in them and i just prefer a singleplayer game. It could be a prequel or sequel, as Bioware have stated only shepards story was a trilogy.

With the founders leaving i wonder if they will still be part of the Mass Effect film being done by Legendary pictures??
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-