Author Topic: Who plays Ground Control?  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Who plays Ground Control?
The first one. Some might have heard about the free download that's on file... planet or front? Meh.

Just asking, who still plays it? I'm wondering if we can get a game going, i'm dying to play against a worthy opponent.

You can get the links to the wiki entry and the download here.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Who plays Ground Control?
I'm just winding my way through the SP campaign for the first time right now, so I doubt I'd be any sort of "worthy" opponent for you. :p

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I think I just hit some sort of boundary or something, I got too far away from my Command APC and it apparently exploded. :lol:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline starfox

I played trough the GCII campaign some time ago...didn't had enough interest for skirmish & multiplayer in general...
In short, it was fun while it lasted. The cutscenes and the plot were also pretty enjoyable.
Maybe I should give the first GC a try, assuming I can still find it somewhere...
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Well, I played it but never played in multi, does that free download comes with the expansion? Maybe we can work something?

Offline Fergus

I loved the original GC, although multiplayer tended to degenerate into the Order using hoverdynes + shields zipping around everything...so my lines of terradynes being mauled.  Despite the multi-madness, the game still has the greatest artillery unit in any game, ever.
Generic signature quote blabber