Author Topic: High-poly Zephyrus  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Starks

The Zephyrus, Anuket, and Rahu are perhaps the coolest looking caps in the game.
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
"...caps..." as in capital-ships? They're not capital ships, they're support ships i.e. they support the combat fleet.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Most players tend to make a distinction based upon craft a player would concieveably fly (fighters, fightercraft) and ships a player would not concieveably fly (capital craft, caps, capship). This tends to lump some things into categories that appear odd.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
It's usually a crew distinction actually.  One to two man ships get lumped into "fighters" (the oddball exception being the support ships) while anything requiring more crew get lumped into "caps" at some point.  They do have their own class - miners - but no one actually ever uses it.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It just seems weird to me an Hermes, Elysium, Argo, or Triton could be considered a capital ship, especially considering Wikipedia's definition:
The capital ships of a navy are its "important" warships; the ones with the heaviest firepower and armor. There is usually no formal criterion for the classification, but it is a useful concept when thinking about strategy, for instance to compare relative naval strengths in a theater of operations without having to get bogged down in the details of tonnage and gun diameters. A capital ship is generally a leading or a primary ship in a fleet.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The thing is that fighters and bombers are treated very differently in the game from the way all the "capships" are. That's where the distinction comes from really.

It's a developer distinction rather than a FS2 universe one.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Meh. Tried something, didn't really work out. I may try a different approach.

i actually like this one, it looks very cool

my vote is for keeping it
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D