Author Topic: HTL Dragon WIP  (Read 6137 times)

At some point...awhile ago I began work on the dragon. I put some work into, mostly defining its shape ans such. Shortly thereafter mid-terms came around and I have since gotten a job(yeah!), which has kept me busy. And then I had harddrive problems....and so forth. Now that my school year is coming to an end I have a ****load of work I need to do. Long story short, I havn't been doing much work on the Dragon since I initially started and likely won't do any more untill after school's out. So here is my progress so far and if anyone wants to finish it I'd happily email the model files to them. Or if anyone would like to host the file(s) let me no.

Progress so far ~800 polies

Below - new on the right, original on left

Below - new on the bottom, original on top
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Ah, very good.  Nice to see that someone has started with this.

First suggestion: make the recesses deeper.  The way they are right now won't stand out all that much, especially since the trim will be, more likely than not, black.

Second suggestion: Don't stop there :p  I know there's a higher-resolution texture in the works (Turambar, was that you?) that you really should be using as the basis for this.  Otherwise, very nice.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
of course it was me, i was the inspiration

i think he was trying to use mine as a basis, however, Micro has been busy as of late, and is trying to find someone to take the model and do something with it (hes got no hosting, so he'll email it)
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
of course it was me, i was the inspiration

i think he was trying to use mine as a basis, however, Micro has been busy as of late, and is trying to find someone to take the model and do something with it (hes got no hosting, so he'll email it)

Oops, wasn't sure if this was the one you were collaborating with or not :nervous:

I'll take it (Max6 or older, or 3ds/cob) but I too have much on my plate at the moment.  The least I could do is host it for a couple of weeks.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Kie99

Below - new on the right, original on left

You sure about that? :p

Very nice work though, I think the right win should be a bit fatter though, it just looks like a waste the way it is.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

It is based on Turambar's hi-res map.

I have barely touched the wings(by that I mean 'sharpened' the edges), as most of the work I have done has been focused on the main body and the recession in the hull.

And yes, I will gladly give the model files to someone else to see what they can do because as of now I have almost no time to finish this.
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Check your PMs :)

Offline Muriac

I've always been annoyed at the distinctly Terran-looking guns on the Dragon. Any chance of re-evaluating those? Excellent model work, in any case.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I say leave the "Terran" guns on the stolen "Terran dragon", and change them on the Shivan dragon

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I agree, kill the human guns!
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Keep your 3DS away from my gun!  :wtf:
 :lol:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:29:45 pm by Mars »

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Keep your 3DS away from my gun!  :wtf:
 :lol:

My innuendo machine just got turned on by that comment. And aye, the model could use some more detail...it's hard enough to see the little buggers as-is.
-C

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Don't forget to add some divets for the firepoints of the triple-point bank.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
You mean the missile bank?

I'll keep it in mind.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
No, the missile bank has one only one firepoint.  I was refering to the 2nd primary bank.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
So it is.  I could have sworn it was the other way around in 'Playing Judas'.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The missile bank is in that side-car thingy, but the 2nd primary bank is located in the side-bulge of the main fuselage, on the same side as the sidecar.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
I know where they belong (modelview does still work ;)) but my point was I remembered only being able to fire a single Prometheus shot from my Dragon in FS1's 'Playing Judas'.  I don't have FS1 installed at the moment, unfortunately, so I can't go back and look to see if the configuration was swapped.

EDIT: Turns out it wasn't, just my memory playing tricks on me :nervous:

Offline Muriac

I say leave the "Terran" guns on the stolen "Terran dragon", and change them on the Shivan dragon

If this mod could be released with the MVPs, I think it'd be the best way to go. Otherwise, just change them outright.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
A second dragon model for one mission where you are flying it and thus cannot see your own guns is not an option, really.  Too much cost for too little gain.