Poll

What is your favorite destroyer you where stationed on?

GTD Galatea (Orion class, destroyed by Lucifer during the Great War)
GTD Bastion (Orion class, Self-Destructed to collapse a Jump Node and prevent the Sathanas fleet from expanding further into GTVA space during the second shivan incursion)
GTD Krios (Orion class, destroyed by GTI Fighters during the GTI Rebellion)
GTD Soyakaze (Orion class)
GTD Aquatine (Hecate class)
GVD Psamtik (destoyed by SJ Sathanas nr. 2, the second shivan incursion)

Author Topic: Favorite Destroyer (but somewhat different)  (Read 9654 times)

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
Re: Favorite Destroyer (but somewhat different)
Ah, you Neo-Terran scum-bags.  You can't even afford proper weapons  :p

GTD Hecate.  Screw You

Psamtik's got boxes for the headz of said scumbags.

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
The Psamtik.

I loved the screens.
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Offline starfox

GTD Bastion for me  :yes:

Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Except the Bastion survived 32 years longer than the Galatea did.

And do you know the real reason that they warped in so far from the Delta Serpentis-Sol node? Because they were too pussy to chase the Lucy
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

And do you know the real reason that they warped in so far from the Delta Serpentis-Sol node? Because they were too pussy to chase the Lucy
Yes and I suppose being intercepted by another hostile destroyer had nothing to so with it. And besides, what good is not being a pussy if you're DEAD? I mean, me personally, I'd rather be alive and a pussy than dead and not one. You're basically saying "if you're smart enough to not ram through a several hundred thousand ton destroyer than your a pussy". I don't know about you, but me, I would be the pussy in that situation. And you would be what? Dead? Ahh. Yes. Because some things are more important than living. :p
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 02:36:41 pm by thesizzler »

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.

Yes and I suppose being intercepted by another hostile destroyer had nothing to so with it. And besides, what good is not being a pussy if you're DEAD? I mean, me personally, I'd rather be alive and a pussy than dead and not one. You're basically saying "if you're smart enough to not ram through a several hundred thousand ton destroyer than your a pussy". I don't know about you, but me, I would be the pussy in that situation. And you would be what? Dead? Ahh. Yes. Because some things are more important than living. :p
+1

Anyways... the Psamtik is the destroyer that has saved my butt the most!
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I liked being stationed on the psamtik. The vasudans aren't so afraid of the shivans, and for the most part you spent a lot of time in the nebula going on the offensive hunting shivans instead of vice versa for once. Not to mention the psamtik is the destroyer that launched all the fighters that let the collie shoot very slowly at a fish in water for a long time.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

+1

Anyways... the Psamtik is the destroyer that has saved my butt the most!

Intercepted by a destroyer? The Tantalus intercepted it at the Beta Aquilae (?) to Delta Serpentis node! That had nothing to do with how far it jumped in from the Lucifer. :mad:

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
What happended to that PVD anvil or something like that?

EDIT: oh well, most of my point still stands: Better to be a pussy alive than not a pussy and dead.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
No love for Silent Threat? :(

And besides, what good is not being a pussy if you're DEAD? I mean, me personally, I'd rather be alive and a pussy than dead and not one.
So, you're not keen on the whole liberty-or-death, die-for-a-good-cause, all-for-one-and-one-for-all thing?

DEATH BEFORE HONOR!

:pimp:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
DEATH BEFORE HONOR!
er... not dishonor?

whatever..i forgot what that movie was about, anyway  :lol:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Well, depending on the circumstances, sometimes it's better to live to fight another day.  Letting the Lucy have its way with Terra is not one of these circumstances... that being said, if you let your Destroyer get to 5-15 % hull strength by ignoring a HOL ship to go after the Lucy, well, you're not doing your homeworld any favors.  Sending the fighters & bombers ahead was the right thing to do.

Offline Kie99

"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
At the time that they said "Frig this, we give up!" the Anvil hadn't warped in yet. It warped in about 3000 meters from the node.

At the time that they said "Frig this, we give up!" the Anvil hadn't warped in yet. It warped in about 3000 meters from the node.

Yeah well, but when they didn't say "Frak this, we give up!", and just kept going, Earth would be terraf destroyed. It was the better idea to send the fighters and bombers.... and an Orion is no match for an Alpha 1.

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
the galatea!
i love the name!
its  the ultimate orion! i dunno why!
edit : and the first destroyer class i ever saw ingame
GOOD OLD TIMES  :nod:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 05:46:16 am by lefkos »
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Although I voted Hatsheput in the other thread. I voted Galatea on this as I felt more loyalty to the Galatea, me being a terran and all!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions