Author Topic: 3D-Printed Mini Ship Models!  (Read 66154 times)

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Re: 3D-Printed Mini Ship Models!
^ Design that printer now!

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
did you know you can 3d print in chocolate?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Chocolate Shivans anyone?
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Chocolossus.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

These are amazing!

I can't decide if I would want a model of the Galatea, a Perseus, or a Hercules (Mk. I) more... I'm trying to tell myself I shouldn't consider spending money on something like this, but the FreeSpace fan that has been suppressed inside for so long is screaming that I need one!  :yes:

Great work!

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Can you do fanmade ships as well? I'm not requesting you do one, just asking if it's possible.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Yeah - I should be able to print pretty much anything with a model file, though how easy it is depends on the desired model size and complexity. Most stuff should be fine though. :)

Anyway just got the printer back up and running after part of it melted and then shorted when printing that last Orion, so...watch this space!
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i want one of these:
http://hackaday.com/2012/07/13/3d-printing-with-a-delta-robot-that-seems-to-simplify-the-concept/

note the print speed and size of the print area, and the lower number of parts. the printable parts are all on thingverse. i hope he comes out with a competitively priced kit, so i can get everything i need to build one in one package.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:51:31 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Veers

Damn.. I hate being the bringer of necrothreads.

How are these going Vasudan Admiral?, I'm interested in a purchase if you are up for it later on.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Oh oops, sorry I went off on holidays the day this was posted, so I'm only seeing this now! I intended to necro this thread when I got back anyway, so this works out nicely.

But yeah I do still make these. :) If anyone is interested, send me a PM with what ship model(s) and you would like, and your preferred bow to stern length and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Firstly, I have a 20cm, (8inch) MVP Orion and stand for sale if anyone is interested?
The fella who asked me to make it sadly seems to have vanished without a trace, so it's currently at the painter's awaiting an owner before it can be painted and make the jump through the local post office node.

===================================================================================
Secondly, I had hoped for some new painted pics, but the painter has been incredibly busy over these past few months so I'll just have to show my own amateur unpainted pics instead:
Lucifer and to-scale retail Orion

Even bigger than the Sathanas, these two models were a bit of a nightmare to print and assemble (the stern of the lucifer practically killed the printer, though the model itself only needed some gap filler to get the surfaces back to rights). The Lucifer came in at about 30cm (12inches).

===================================================================================
Wall mounting
An idea from Cobra, this ended up working really well!

So yeah - future orders can choose whether they want a stand or wall mount. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Oh Gawd...wish i had the $$ for these  :( :(

Really Awesome stuff VA!  :yes:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Holy crap I want one of those for my dorm room.  RIGHT NOW.  I mean seriously, that's godly cool.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
If I had money I'd totally buy that Lucifer off of you if you are selling it, hooooly sheet.

I should get my new Orion done ASAP so you have to reprint. It'll be my special brand of revenge! :P
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
If I had money I'd totally buy that Lucifer off of you if you are selling it, hooooly sheet.

I should get my new Orion done ASAP so you have to reprint. It'll be my special brand of revenge! :P

yes but

Quote from: Hade's Title
FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Drogoth

My god. I need to replace my Bastion model you sent me a few months back with a wall mounted version. Too bad I won't have moneyz till the summer.

If you're still making, I'm still buying..
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Aquila

Thread Necromancing, heyooooo - GamesCom is in august, and after GamesCom is done, I will get myself some money together and get myself a nice, ass-whooping GTD Orion for my desk <3 Love that space brick.

Anyway, how're the chances of getting a UEFg Karuna or a UED Solaris? Figure they might be a bit high-poly and fragile *smirks*
Maybe a UET Upanishad? Pretty please?

... can anyone tell I like the UEF ship designs?

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I'd probably need to thicken up some parts but yeah they should be possible. :)
Twisted Infinities

If I had the money......

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Those UEF ships would be ****ing cool if the rotators are spinabble... *hlp needs a drool emote*
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun