Author Topic: FS2Net Games Viewer  (Read 9746 times)

Offline Foxer

• TerraNet @ www.FreeSpace.pl
I'm sure that most FS2 multiplayer gamers remember window-application created by Dover which let players to talk at IRC channel and see NetD games list. Now Dover (his current nickname is Wasky) release application's latest version that works with current FS2NetD server. It contains Lobby_20 communication channel based on irc.maxgaming.net:6667 and List of games with ability to join automatically by double-clicking on host, just like in earlier versions. In my opinion it works fantastic and makes ppls communication much easier! :)

You can download it here:
www.anetchat.prv.pl/freespace (313 KB, ZIP)

Please sticky it.

// Edit. Note: while you are a game host, you can't see your own game in Games List.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:54:30 am by Foxer »
Greetings, Foxer / {303}Foxer / FOXeR_mk
TerraNet FreeSpace.PL Forum | Squadron 303

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

-Just in case you were wondering if it worked and happened to join when nobody was there.  ;)

EDIT: Check this out.  UDP port tester:D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 03:37:28 am by jr2 »

Offline Foxer

• TerraNet @ www.FreeSpace.pl
New version (1.01) is just released! Application now supports multiplayer games of FS2, Beyond the Red Line, Wing Commander Saga and Starfox. Active game counter in tab-name is also included. Download link is still the same.
Greetings, Foxer / {303}Foxer / FOXeR_mk
TerraNet FreeSpace.PL Forum | Squadron 303

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
any chance theres an update to support 3.6.10 and the babylon project, and maybe the 3.6.10 chat?

crosses fingers
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
any chance theres an update to support 3.6.10 and the babylon project, and maybe the 3.6.10 chat?

crosses fingers

You can join the 3.6.10 chat via IRC.
irc://fs2netd.game-warden.com:7117/autoselect
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline captain-custard

You can join the 3.6.10 chat via IRC.
irc://fs2netd.game-warden.com:7117/autoselect

thanks ,
 i knew that one,
it would just e ice to see a one stop shop so to speak , loads of ppl use the fs2net viewer still, as it uses less bandwidth and memory than firing your browser into life.......

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Shade

Re: FS2Net Games Viewer
I know it's been a while since Foxer has been on the forum, but i case he drops by again: Are we going to see an update to this, now that TBP has a multi component as well? It's an absolutely wonderful utility, but loses a bit of its draw if you still have to go check the FS2Net website anyway because some mods are not supported.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Re: FS2Net Games Viewer

xD

Offline Falco-Ger

• Freespace rocks!
link brocken

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
link brocken

Maybe because this thread hasn't been active since May last year?

:necro:

;)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Some people really shouldn't be allowed to use the necro beam. :rolleyes:

I think I have a copy of the game viewer somewhere but what with all the recent FS2NetD changes I'm not certain it still works. Can anyone confirm or deny.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline captain-custard

still works for 3.6.9 last time i checked but most ppl play 3.6.10 so its not that useful

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I thought he'd made a 3.6.10 RC - compatible version, but IDK where it was.  We should ask him; IDK if modifying it to work with 3.6.10 would be that hard.

EDIT: 2 seconds of poking around gave me this:

http://www.arbuzowa.2a.pl/~ku326/anetchat/index.php?site=sciagalnia

That's the file, I think (at the bottom).

Offline captain-custard

no that is the 3.6.9 one still so no go there