Author Topic: NuX-Wing  (Read 9198 times)

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Well in the same vein as my NuTIE series that I started, I figured I'd swing the other way and get us a new X-Wing going.  So here we go:

Still WIP at the moment
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Snail

• SC 5
How many polies in comparison to the old one?

(looks sweet BTW)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
The old one was roughly 6K polies.  This one is 4800
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
That ship looks awesome. :yes:

Now that is some very pretty work right there.  Excellent

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You're uploading/backing up everything you're doing now, I hope?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
No, I'm actually saving it on my most dodgy hard drive that makes a strange whirring sound and sometimes sparks.

=P

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
No, I'm actually saving it on my most dodgy hard drive that makes a strange whirring sound and sometimes sparks.

=P

:lol: It's like me, I just shout vector co-ordinates into an old gramophone horn and etch it into a soft-wax disc ;)

Seriously though, looking very nice indeed!

Offline aRaven

mmmh like this one much more than the first one!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers

=P

:lol: It's like me, I just shout vector co-ordinates into an old gramophone horn and etch it into a soft-wax disc ;)

Seriously though, looking very nice indeed!

Rock and chisel.  That way it's pretty much permanent for a few thousand years. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
What about erosion?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Like I said a few thousand years.  Of course like any other media you can go fore the cheap stuff like sandstone that doesn't last too long or for something like granite that lasts a lot longer. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline aRaven

u want to store things on granite?

oook....

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
yeah, will be tough to get all that stuff on there bit by bit :p

That X-wing looks great, even better than the first! Although I think the R2 unit should contrast the flight group colors for each scheme, it just looks better. How many markings are you going to go with on the wings? Looks like you're debating between 3 and 5, unless the SCP supports multiple markings, which I doubt.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
The variable markings simply came from someone requesting the R2 unit be R2-D2, and therefore I figured I'd go with Luke's X-wing (Which was Red 5 in the original movie, and the original had individual markings for each fighter, from reds 1-5 (red 6+ were never shown)

Offline Narvi

The variable markings simply came from someone requesting the R2 unit be R2-D2, and therefore I figured I'd go with Luke's X-wing (Which was Red 5 in the original movie, and the original had individual markings for each fighter, from reds 1-5 (red 6+ were never shown)

Are you going to make different astromech textures, so we don't always have to fly with an R2 unit?

Pffff, R-5s were totally overrated. Everybody knows that R-2s were the pinnacle of astromech technology, duh.
Maybe an R-7 could work, but that would probably be too much trouble.

Seriously though Brand, that is one hot X-Wing. Are you sure you didn't nuke your own HD for an excuse to start over?

Offline aRaven

I'm glad he nuked his HDD :D