Author Topic: X-Wing Alliance  (Read 4010 times)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
I haven't played XWA for years because an nvidia driver awhile back broke it.  Well, someone finally posted a fix in the nvidia forums so yesterday I reinstalled, ran the fix, spent a few hours downloading and installing all the craft from XWAU, launched the game, and loaded up the the classic skirmish.

I proceeded to completely lose myself in the game and spent the rest of the night tweaking the skirmish and playing it on both sides.  It was a blast - I can't believe how much fun I was able to have with a 12 year old game.  It also made me realize just how much we've needed a new X-Wing game (and how long we've been waiting) - and how much I'm looking forward to FotG being released.

So here's to the FotG team and the excellent work they've been doing, and hope that you stay inspired to make this as great of a mod as we know it can be.

Now...if you don't mind me I'm gonna go blow up some more TIE fighters.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I'd also play some more X-wing Alliance, but I don't have a joystick.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy

I recently went out and bought a decent logitech one for $20 just to play this and Desert Combat.  It's not like you'd have to mortgage your son to afford one...go grab a cheap joystick and enjoy it!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
It's not a matter of money. It's a matter of having my free time spent elsewhere.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy

It's not a matter of money. It's a matter of having my free time spent elsewhere.

Well, jeez...if it's about free time, don't say it's because it's cuz you don't have a joystick!  You'll confuse people!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Maybe he's in the military and can't bring his joystick with him?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
You don't want a detailed list of reasons why I don't play XWA anymore, do you? Nothing is monocausal.

Offline Skullar

Made some skirmishes myself 1 month ago.

I built a multiplayer board game around the skirmish mode, combining board strategy gaming with fighting on PC :)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Made some skirmishes myself 1 month ago.

I built a multiplayer board game around the skirmish mode, combining board strategy gaming with fighting on PC :)

No kidding?  You still have it around?  Post some pictures!

Offline Skullar

Old one was complete, but threw it away years ago. Played it with a friend on a LAN-Party though.... :)
New one was in the making, supposed to be PC only. Well, I dont have any network/Grafics knowlegde, otherwise I'd write the JAVA -Code myself... I made the grafics already, just for fun, have a fully designed board as JPG.