Author Topic: Assault Frigate mk I  (Read 6551 times)

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Re: Assault Frigate mk I
The key to getting a badge is to accompany your work with persistent badge-nagging :yes:

Yeah, I have wondered on occasion what it takes to get a badge. I just figured I'd get one someday, and in the mean time keep working on my models.

On that note, I've got a question for any modelers in the forum. Does anyone know what settings change the appearance of the texture on a selected polygon? If I select a polygon it turns red and it hides the texture so I can't see what's happening.

I use 3ds max to UV map my ships, and usually I make sure each set of polygons aren't skewed or stretched by using a checkers pattern. I have my "Edit UV" window open and off to the side so I can see most of the maximized viewport. When things are going good, I can scale the UV map on my selected polygons and automatically see them update in the active viewport. Now, something has changed. The polygons I have selected are red in the viewport, and I can't see the texture underneath them. So every change I make to the shape of the uvs, I have to deselect the polygon to see the changes. This ends up taking a lot longer and is a bit disheartening.

So if anyone knows how to fix it, I could use the help.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Right click on the name of a viewport (i.e. front, orthographic, etc) and hit configure.  Uncheck "Shade selected faces" and tick "apply to" to "all viewports"
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline newman

F2 should toggle between "shade selected faces" on and off, in default config. Essentially it does the same thing, without the "apply to all viewports" part.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Ah yes, I forgot about the keyboard shortcut
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

That works. Thanks!