Author Topic: TBP 3_4b keeps not responding  (Read 2164 times)

Offline IceWulfe

• mmmm sheeep
TBP 3_4b keeps not responding
Hi I have recently downloaded this 5 times and get the same effect. As I try to install the game from the installer the installer window turns to a milky white and in the top of the window it says this program not responding
Now my system specs are a Dell inspiron 1501 with vista and more than enough ram and speed to run this program.
DON'T go full retard

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: TBP 3_4b keeps not responding
If it's the installer version just let it go for awhile.  It has to unpack a 1.3gig file which doesn't update the status bar until it's done. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IceWulfe

• mmmm sheeep
so the loader window going milky white and reading not responding is normal?
DON'T go full retard

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Not sure but I've seen windows say not responding before on programs that take awhile to respond.  Just let it go for about 15 minutes when you have time. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IceWulfe

• mmmm sheeep
It loaded up. My comp was over heating so thats why it took a bit.You see what hardware came on this machine I stripped and overhauled it so she runs hot ever one in a while. Im currently down loading the rest of the missions and such and if this old man can figue it out you might see me in multi-player
DON'T go full retard

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
You should also disable your anti-virus (snooze it, depending on how yours works), sometimes it doesn't like unpacking large files.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Im currently down loading the rest of the missions and such and if this old man can figue it out you might see me in multi-player

remember that there is Drums of War 3 now AND that Operations is outdated (although the newer version available in the download thread isn't perfectly working either.

Also, in case you are new to TBP, please please please start with playing Achen Schooling Flight.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.