Author Topic: Throttle Problem (Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X)  (Read 32466 times)

Re: Throttle Problem (Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X)
Yeah, I've got the Collector's version, so that wouldn't work. Darn. Thanks anyway, though. You've been a major help :D

I have the same Problem with my Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X,
where can i find the file to fix that ?

Offline Davros

I will find the file for you
dont know why ninja keeps deleting attachments

locate your pilot files and unrar into that folder
try freespace 2\data\players\single\   or  freespace 2\data\players\single\inferno

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:23:59 am by Davros »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
attachments get deleted because there's limited storage space on the server that hosts the forums.  If you want a file to stay around, it's a better idea to host it somewhere else (e.g. mediafire) and link to it.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Moebius

Sorry to res this thread after almost one year, but I've been googling like crazy trying to find a solution to this exact problem.
Could someone please direct me to those files?

Cheers!

Offline Davros

moebius pm me your email

Offline AV8R

I too have the TM  T.Flight HOTAS X and had some issues with setup at the beginning - which turned out to be my own fault. Here's how I solved it:

First, are you all sure you have your joysticks set to PC mode and not PS3 mode? I made this mistake when I plugged mine in for the first time and the joystick didn't operate properly (the ONE time I didn't glance at the manual first - live and learn).

To "fix" the fact that my PC now saw my joystick incorrectly on my OS (Win7 x86) I had to unplug the joystick, remove it's remnants from Device Manager, reset the switch to the "PC" position and then plug it back into the USB port.  Windows redetected it and I tested all of the axis controls in the Game Controller applet in Control Panel, just to sure. I also set the joystick for 5-axis mode (home button green).

Once I did this, Freespace would "see" the Z-axis of the throttle when I would attempt to bind to it. You can use the absolute or relative throttle control - both seemed to work exactly the same in-game.

Also, since there are no real "slider" commands in Freespace to bind to, the nice rocker/slider switch behind the throttle handle will go to waste unless you use it to rotate the ship left/right (RZ axis). I prefer to do that by twisting the joystick instead.

So what I did to use the rocker/slider switch as 2 more buttons was to use the reprogramming commands in the joystick (consult the manual) to have the 2 useless buttons on the base of the throttle (top-front of base) switch places with the rocker switch on the back of the throttle handle. This way, in Freespace, I could bind the right rocker "button" to the afterburner and the left rocker "button" to the energy equalize setting. To me it seemed more logical to have all of the ship attitude controls (including ship rotation) on the joystick and the speed controls (including afterburner) controlled by the throttle - of course YMMV.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:51:41 pm by AV8R »

Offline TACHO

• Twitter
 :wakka:Help me!!!

I have the same Problem with my Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X,
where can i find the file to fix that ?  :confused:

:wakka:

Solution ...config controls ship...

Search Absolute throttle control and assign Joystick Z axis (throttle) and fly.....

(Spanish translations): Que estos guiris no se enteran...tanto hablar y cascar y no se dan cuenta que en la pantalla de configurar los contrloes de la nave se pueden reasignar los controles. Buscamos el "Absolute throttle control " lo selecionamos y movemos la palanca de gases pá arriba y pá abajo, y lo identifican como Z axis, y yá está.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:20:11 pm by TACHO »

I'm necroing this thread due to the fact that this file is pretty much required for those of us who want to use the throttle with a T-Flight HOTAS. It's frankly pure insanity that nobody here with the file has posted a link to a site like mediafire or something where it can be safely hosted without robin hood breaking and in and stealing the file yet again because he's afraid that his 10 kilobytes of storage will disappear if it stays on the server longer than an hour. Please, somebody post a link to the file so that this problem is no longer a lost cause.

Hello all,

I got my Hotas X working just fine and I've included a link to my player data file. Hope this helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ac1nbfbn82g9od/players.rar?dl=0

screenshot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/60awbhtzoviwg97/shot1.jpg?dl=0

Offline pyker

OK, at the risk of seeming "obtuse" (because I am!), where does this "rar" file go?

Thanks

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
You're supposed to extract it into your player profiles folder which is (assuming you're on Windows) either in your FS2 directory: FS2\data\players\single or in %AppData%\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\data\players\single