Author Topic: asteriod field  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
this might have been said already but what the hell is there a way to increase the density of an asteriod field pass the 256 mark because my mission is in an asteriod field and i want it to be pretty dense but when i load the mission amd the asteriods are too spaced out.
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Try editting the mision file in notepad?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
al wahich ai command is it to make ship go at there maximum spped, is it stay near ship or ai waypoint with the cap-speed at there maximum?
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

Originally posted by Raa Tor'h
Try editting the mision file in notepad?

Doh... does it works? I tought the one in fred was an hard coded limit so i never tryed out that... i too need a very dense asteroid field (to be exact the Saturn's rings)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Roy fokker
al wahich ai command is it to make ship go at there maximum spped, is it stay near ship or ai waypoint with the cap-speed at there maximum?

IIRC you use cap-speed (or whatever it's called) with an arguement of 0 reset it and make it go back to the table maximum.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by ryuune75

Doh... does it works? I tought the one in fred was an hard coded limit so i never tryed out that... i too need a very dense asteroid field (to be exact the Saturn's rings)

with no light at all? :D
SCREW CANON!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I believe a notepad editing won't work. FRED and the game(especially FSO) is going to yell at you.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Originally posted by Nico

with no light at all? :D

It would be nice :D

You know what kind of mission i'm talking about, right? ;)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
well yeah :p
It's the premiere of both a defensive system and a... I hate to call it that way, but heh: a super attack, as well :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
maybe create a pof for this purpose?
IIRC there are up to ~110 subobjects aviable, so you may create an asteroid field pof with those 110 asteroid. You can make em move (rotating subobjects), which mean to spin or even to move (just put the axis outside the subobject)
If 110 is not enough, you may create big asteroids, one for each subobject, and create smaller ones too, placing one or two of those small asteroids in the same subobject of a big one, but at far distance (so you'll not notice that they explode at the same time if destroyed)
You may also put a regular asteroid field in the same position of your custom asteroidfield.pof
you may also make more than one asteroidfield.pof and place em in the same position (but you'll have to be careful that the single asteroids don't collide with the other asteroids of the same pof and with the asteroids of the other pofs).
The only problem is that IIRC there's also a subobject limit per missions

That's an idea!

Offline Arculis

Just flying around some giant asteroids would be cool in itself. :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Specially in multiplayers ;)

Originally posted by Nico
well yeah :p
It's the premiere of both a defensive system and a... I hate to call it that way, but heh: a super attack, as well :p

Yes, too bad there is no way in the FS2 engine to recreate neither the pin-point barrier, neither the Daedalus/ARMD attack :sigh: