Author Topic: AQp2 Status...  (Read 3221 times)

Status Report: 15 August 2001

Well, there's only about 20 ships left to reskin, however, they're getting increasingly harder to do, since I left the most difficult to last. Joining forces with White Dove was a great idea, we have been playing around with some Star Trek style sounds. We now have a speaking Klingon and a Romulan wingman, plus tonnes of new sounds for the voices/special folder. I have been playing around with the sounds.tbl file and have finally unloaded all of the other sounds for weapons, etc. I've only got half the beam sounds to go, but that shouldn't take too long.

I have also been fiddling around with mission making for the Alpha Quadrant campaign. I have almost finished a mission to accompany the Alpha Quadrant project's release. It's set in the Utopia Planitia shipyards in high orbit of Mars. A rogue Romulan faction decides to attack. I have filled the events editor to the brim so that there is a lot of commosion going on with ships moving about, and messages from your wingmen and your enemy, plus I have used variables for some of the enemies motives (for a certain reason). Plus I have revived something from one of the early FS1 missions where you had to kill an Ace, and this Romulan terrorist Ace is a very good pilot and seems to talk too much.

[edit] www.geocities.com/gtva3000
[/edit]

[This message has been edited by 'Captain' Nick Brown (edited 08-15-2001).]
--
'Captain' Nick Brown

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
sounds cool actually, maybe I'll try this campaign, even if I hate ST  
SCREW CANON!

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Yep, sure sounds nice... I would help, but I don't have neither the time or much ability. Good luck!  
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Originally posted by venom2506:
sounds cool actually, maybe I'll try this campaign, even if I hate ST  

How about helping me...  
--
'Captain' Nick Brown

Sounds real good...............????

------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one!

Sounds real good...............????

------------------

Hey Kirk, just go into 'Edit Messages' (second icon from the left) and delete your unwanted messages.

Star trek is generally too warm and fuzzy for my tastes, even when they go to war they never seem to lose that bubbly, super-friendly feel about them (blech!), besides which I think Roddenbury is an A**HOLE!!!

But I might try this campaign out just because the technical aspects of designing the ships and missions has definately caught my eye.  It looks like a lot of work has gone into it and as such it should be rewarded with a thumbs up.

Which reminds me...  Is anything happening over at the Robotech MOD, last time I checked nothing had changed except the forum had advanced a little bit.  No new missions, no new models, no nothing that suggests any life at all.  What's going on venom?  Do you know?
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Well, as for Robotech I couldn't tell ya. But, as for Star trek I can tell you that I agree with you as far as the Picard and after era that it has become to mushy at times but the Kirk era held excitement, strategy, challenge, and skill of starship command. Personally just blowing holes in big ships is kinda dull to me. Some missions with personality and good themes like this one would be more enjoyable. Im kinda new around this forum, so I am still looking around at the user made campaigns. The Babylon 5 project sounds interesting too.

The Admiral

------------------

Offline Nico

• Venom
Yes. Max had a car crash and had to have a break, but a new release should be ready soon, with the transformable veritech and some other new stuff. I think there will be the release with the Yf21 and 19.
SCREW CANON!

Great! ......looking forward to it!

The Admiral

------------------

He's OK isn't he?  Hope he didn't hurt himself too badly.

------------------------------------------
[turns to Adm Kirk]
Glad to see someone else that's tired of having superships running around.  I've always been of the opinion that you should design ships that you need to tell your story, and not tell stories about your ships  
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Offline Nico

• Venom
yup, he sounded ok, you can't harm a Max Sterling that easily lol
SCREW CANON!