Author Topic: Need information about Freespace2 Revenge Final Conflict  (Read 25830 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Need information about Freespace2 Revenge Final Conflict
Edit : Solved it. (methinks)

Mission 50 is won or lost on one mission goal. Complete it and you can advance. Fail it and you have to play again.

The objective is written like this

Schützen sie die Malovolence
-When
--and
---not
----is destroyed
-----GTCv Malovolence
---has-time-elapsed

The FREDders reading may want to sit and think why that would cause a problem in this mission.

Spoiler:
The problem is that if the player completes the mission before the 1200 second delay is up and jumps out the SEXP will evaluate to false meaning you haven't completed the mission.

The problem can be solved fairly simply but I've taken a quick look at the mission and I don't particularly fancy editing a mission in german when all the events are called Event Name (they aren't even numbered! - JUST Event Name for ALL the events!).

Can someone who speaks german look at this message and tell me if it's a succesful return to base message?  

Das Omega Team ist mit den Kreuzer ins nächste System geflogen. Wir werden ihnen folgen. Sie können jetzt also ihren Subraumantrieb starten, Captain. Marco Polo, Ende.

If it is I can make the mission rely on that instead of that silly 1200second delay. (of course the other choice is to simply complete the mission stick on 4x time advance and wait till 20 minutes have elapsed :D)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 03:28:21 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline SGGWD

Originally posted by karajorma
Can someone who speaks german look at this message and tell me if it's a succesful return to base message?  

Das Omega Team ist mit den Kreuzer ins nächste System geflogen. Wir werden ihnen folgen. Sie können jetzt also ihren Subraumantrieb starten, Captain. Marco Polo, Ende.

Yes it is.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by TopAce

If I knew it I would have already posted it. :D
Otherwise it only sounds familiar. Maybe I am mixing it with a film/game name. I don't have a clue.

To be fair, Revenge Final Conflict are probably the 3 most common words used in any campaign name..... ;)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator

thx.. i´ll take a look at it and try...

and for the mission design in mission 50.

It´s meant that you have 4 minutes to disable the 2 cruisers... after the 4 minutes elapsed you shall destroy them (not only disable anymore). These are only the secondory goals.
Primary goals are "the malovicence must survive" "the marco polo must survive"....

After disabling a cruiser comes an transporter, grap the cruiser and jump out with him just as it should be... if i disable only 1 cruiser in time the second cruiser will be set on invinceble.... If i disable both cruisers in time, the transporters took them away and from the marco polo (which is in this case in command cause of some "i will not tell you" problem) i get the order to jump out. If i do this the mission is in the debriefing shown as "succesfull"
But when i push the "next mission Button" it changes to mission failed...

so i hope that your changes worked.. suddenly i can´t test it now... must wait till evening...

so long now.. work is calling for me
Dark shadows fall on this sacred ground
Where true evil lies, summon them to rise
Take the traitors, thieves and liars
Feed them to the fire
But first, spread their blood around
The message will be found

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
dude, 88 missions, that would be a loooooong campaign
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
They are not well written.  The mission in question is stupidly easy.  You're equipped with Maxims to start off with, which never bodes well for a "disable cruiser" mission with no other support.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

yeah this is right but you still can change your weaponry... and show me the player of such a mod who´s not a proven gamer.... i mean i have no problem with it.... ok its a bad wepon payload.. doesn´t matter i load 2 railguns and a package of stiletto 2 on board an let´s rock....
Feed them to the fire

yeeehaaaa

karajorma you are a genuis.. i tested it and it worked.. thx a lot...
Feed them to the fire

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That's exactly what I'm saying; the Maxim works well as a primary because it has a rediculous range.  If stelletos are available, then it couldn't be easier; 4 stelletos in each cruiser's engine and park your fighter.  I didn't even look at loadouts and the mission was a walk in the park.  It's nice to have a new campaign and all, but that mission is clearly filler.  And 20 minutes is far too long to keep someone in there, so I'm glad someone fixed that.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

hmm you only have seen 1 of the missions... check a mission where you have 4 sqaudrons of fighters and 1 cruiser against abot 11 shivan cruisers (rakshasas, liliths and caines) and they all must be destroyed bevore the enemy cruisers jump to your helpless mothership....

and you will face them not as normaly 2-3 in one time... no all of them jump in in the same moment.... so have fun to take this easy mission ^^

and nothing again maxims but the new railguns are the reactor eating - fighter bashing - bomber killing - straight ahed with one shot - megablasters..... these babys kill a fighter in 1 hit.. a bomber in 2 and a caine class cruiser in about 10 - 15 shots... within a range of 3,7 km

but they are energy eating as bad as it gets ^^

Ohh and i forgott the most important thing on this modification...

you said that this mission is a filler... i say no it´t not... the mission is important to the story... the cruisers betrayed you a few missions ago and you hunt them a hole while....

a god mod is not only important on it´s lenght and new ships or weapons. The most important thing is the story... and maybe the modder of this one is a bad coder but he´s a real good story teller with a mass on  ideas and because of this i like this mod..
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 11:29:28 pm by 1676 »
Feed them to the fire

Is someone hosting this large mod? I for one would like to check this out...
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

here you will find the install exe ( i hope the author has no problem with this)

and the readme with informations from the coder:
 here
Feed them to the fire

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by StratComm
They are not well written.  The mission in question is stupidly easy.  You're equipped with Maxims to start off with, which never bodes well for a "disable cruiser" mission with no other support.

I agree with that. I knew I wasn't dealing with a well written campaign when I saw 20 events all with the same name and only 4 messages.

However that's not Darkilein's fault and if he's enjoying himself I see no reason why he should have to stop playing the campaign just cause of an easily fixed bug :D

Darkilein : If you're enjoying this mod try Homesick (from the campaigns forum). It will blow you away when you compare the quality of that campaign with the one you're playing now. You might also want to try Inferno, Deralict and The Babylon Project too.

hehe you are a funny one....

this is the first page i found with all about fs2 mods... i think i will play the most maybe all of them ^^

but first i must play this one ...
and i can only repeat what i said before...
this mod may not well writen.. the story telled makes it.

I will try to translate the hole mod in english and when its finished i´ll come back and show you so everyone comes into this delicios taste of storytelling :D :D :D

/edit
i forgett one thing... is this community in any other way availeble... IRC or ICQ... please tell me cause i´m a quakenet junkie and i like it more to communicate in chat than in forums
Feed them to the fire

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Feel free to enjoy the campaign. I certainly wasn't telling you to abandon it.

I can't tell what the storyline is like since I don't speak german so you could be correct about it :D

As for ICQ there is #NodeWars which is sort of a spin off from FS2 and has a large number of people from the community on it. You'd need to find a more regular denizen of the channel if you want more info though.

ok thx.....
a big thx @ all the others to who helped.... or just wrote in here :D

than we see us in space
Feed them to the fire

Yeah, I know, in some parts I really coded that mod very bad....excuse for this... :(

But I'd like to tell you one thing, some month ago I had my 19th birthday. I started workin for this mod in the middle of 2001, so I coded the mod when I was just 16 years old, day for day, I worked more than 5 houres a day, for over 11 month. And I made this mod allone...

So maybe you understand me if there some bugs in it ;)

PS: Don't matter why the mod didn't get released until November 2002, after finishing I needed more than 4 months to tell to Gamestar about this mod, until they released it.
Author of Revenge Final Conflict

cool also bist du der verbrecher dieses doch ziemlich geilen Mods???

Hmm wenn ja Respekt.... ich hab ihn nun dank Hilfe ja durchspielen können und bin begeistert...
Mir gefällt er sehr gut  und ich würde ihn wie gesagt mit deiner erlaubnis gerne übersetzen....

insgesamt warn es auch nur 2 Bugs...

ein mal der im Thread genannte und behobene und zum 2. das erste mal wo du auf die Lucifer triffst...

ich weiß nich obs gewollt is das sie unbesiegbar ist aber da sie nie vernichtet werden kann crasht das game nach ner weile.. man muss sie per cheat wieder auf besiegbar setzen damit man die mission beenden kann. Abgesehen von diesen 2 dingen ist mir nix aufgefallen...

ich find es is ne gute arbeit... und man sollte diesen Mod anderen auch verfügbar machen
Feed them to the fire

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by SFN-Darkwarrior
Yeah, I know, in some parts I really coded that mod very bad....excuse for this... :(

But I'd like to tell you one thing, some month ago I had my 19th birthday. I started workin for this mod in the middle of 2001, so I coded the mod when I was just 16 years old, day for day, I worked more than 5 houres a day, for over 11 month. And I made this mod allone...

So maybe you understand me if there some bugs in it ;)

PS: Don't matter why the mod didn't get released until November 2002, after finishing I needed more than 4 months to tell to Gamestar about this mod, until they released it.

Well I noticed that Darkilein seemed to be enjoying it so it can't be all bad :)

As I said above the parts I can't judge like the plot, characterisation etc could all be good. Learning how to FRED well is a skill that takes time. What really made the mod look bad to me was the lack of messages (at least in mission 50) and the fact that you had given all the events the same name (which made it very difficult for someone else to look at and fix your code).

The fact that you managed to make 80 missions singlehanded is however pretty impressive. :D

On piece of advice I'll give though is to take a look at these threads on advanced FREDding by cetanu

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,17653.0.html

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,17863.0.html

Both are packed with tips that even I had forgotten :)