Author Topic: Less glossy ships?  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Is there a way to make ships less "glossy" and "madeoftinfoil"? I cant figure out what custom lighting command to change in the launcher, and the Wiki is kinda vague on this.
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
That would probably be the specular highlights...
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
You mean -spec_exp, or -spec_static?
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ok, which .exe are you using and is it an Inferno build?

EDIT: try -ogl_spec 80

EDIT2: sorry, meant 60... supposedly -ogl_spec is the one that adjusts the specular highlight intensity.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:13:30 am by z64555 »
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Yep, like some previous posters said, look for any command line flags referring to specularity (point, exp, and tube I think) and ratchet them down bit by bit until you're happy. I hate overly glossy, shiny things, too.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
darken your env map!
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN