Author Topic: Looking for an Asteroid as mass driver ammunition  (Read 1123 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Looking for an Asteroid as mass driver ammunition
I'm currently looking for an asteroid model fitting a 72x39x40 box with not too many polies...

The size of the box are the measurements of a part of the Mass Driver subobject on the Centauri battlecruiser model from TBP, as it happens. And I don't need a high poly-count as I intent to use it as projectile possibly moving at about 1000 m/s if not faster...

I won't rescale the asteroids coming with TBP because I think they got too many polies for task...

The CR Mass Driver in TBP is a primary gun and somehow I don't like that at all, so I want to see if there isn't a better way to do this...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:51:39 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Re: Looking for an Asteroid as mass driver ammunition
Suppose you could use the rocks I'm making in the duat thread. They are not done yet however. 
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
You can take diaspora asteroids since they look more regular. If LOD0 has too many polies, you can use LOD1 or something.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Slasher

Did you want a muzzle flash for that or do you have that base covered?