Author Topic: GVB Petbe, a Monster in detail  (Read 1341 times)

GVB Petbe, a Monster in detail
And I have my version here.

https://p3d.in/VHUP7

Ok...when I saw this and played this long time ago. I always felt it was a bit too small for a bomber. Fast forward to the present, now that I am modeling regularly, I was going through my old files and came across this model and remembered the smallness of it and decided if I can do something about that.   

At first, it looks no different than the original, but it is in fact MUCH larger. Just look at the cockpit glass (yes I know it's not easy to see at first) and you'll see how much bigger. There is a full cockpit with two Vasuden crewmen....or is that crewbeings?  :D

The Pilot is above while the Tactical Officer is below him. I added 12 missile tubs and it's armed with two large (for a fighter/bomber role) cannon to make any pilot happy to fire the guns.

Overall, I have some mixed feelings about it's current state. For one, it's a very unusual design and in a strange way, I like that. :)
But that strange configuration also presents problems for loadouts and all that. You need room for the Fusion reactor, the sub systems, life support, etc. So I widened it some to give room for a decent missile loadout and room for the Fushion reactor and it's engine systems.

I am thinking of making them arms moveable in the same way as the GTF Hercules's ventral fin I did earlier. Why? Well it will give this ship in my opinion a better way to dock, store it ship side.
Anyway, comments and all that are welcomed!

All the best,
Jadehawk
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.