Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613826 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: What are you playing right now?

Finished this and the expansion pack again and I want MOAR!
*Sob* Stupid Tournament hijacking the series.

well star wars the old republic and freespace2 ( any mod) are what i play the most now

160 hours into Skyrim finally.

Though not playing it right this moment as crazy deadline approaching.

I've been playing Freespace 2 and Homeworld 2: Tactical Fleet simulator.  Infinitely better than the original, in my opinion.

Warframe.  Being a cyborg space ninja is fun.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Playing a game called Hard Truck Apocalypse and its expansion, seems to be a pretty unknow game, its also know as Ex Machina. The game has its faults but fighting in a heavily armed/armored truck with a good soundtrack is loads of fun. Anybody knows of a game with vehicular action as the main gameplay?

Offline Lorric

Playing a game called Hard Truck Apocalypse and its expansion, seems to be a pretty unknow game, its also know as Ex Machina. The game has its faults but fighting in a heavily armed/armored truck with a good soundtrack is loads of fun. Anybody knows of a game with vehicular action as the main gameplay?

http://twistedmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Twisted_Metal_(Series)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Thanks, Lorric.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Interstate 76
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Lorric

Thanks, Lorric.

You're welcome. There's also something called Vigilante 8 and a sequel, Vigilante 8 Second Offense on PS1.

Would you be interested in demolition derby type games as well? I have several of those, also on Playstation.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Thanks, Lorric.

You're welcome. There's also something called Vigilante 8 and a sequel, Vigilante 8 Second Offense on PS1.

Would you be interested in demolition derby type games as well? I have several of those, also on Playstation.

Do things go boom? If so, yes.

Offline Lorric

Thanks, Lorric.

Do things go boom? If so, yes.

No weapons, but cars blow their engines, leaving their dead hulks lying around.

On PS1, there's Destruction Derby, Destruction Derby 2 and Destruction Derby Raw. There's also Demolition Racer. Those are all very fun, and there's Driven to Destruction on PS2, that's a great game. If you're in the US, it's called Eve of Destruction. There's a Destruction Derby on PS2, but I haven't played it, and it's supposed to be a poor game from what I've heard. It doesn't look like much on Youtube.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Playing Klingon Academy for the first time in a while...too bad the source code for that hasn't been released!

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Oh man, knowing how they did the ship damage would be so awesome.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Since it was already sitting in the hangar from before all the hate I started using the RVN-3L.  Have mine rigged up as a dual PPC designated marksman.  It doesn't do well against other lights but you can sure harass heavies and assaults.  I have them set to chain fire so you can keep up a steady rhythm of PPC blasts that really seem to irk enemy mechs.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Started playing the original System Shock.

First impressions are "Holy crap, this is a detailed world for a 16-bit era game!" and "What were they smoking when they designed these controls?"

Figure out if possible to remap controls later... because this game looks amazing so far, and I'd love to play it with workable controls!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Can we get a recomendation list going on this thread? Simple recomending games or avoid them. I got two you should avoid, SunAge and Alpha Prime.

Now if you know SunAge's fame, you're right, I had it coming the moment I decided to play, I read the reviews, the articles and made the mistake of thinking "it might not be so bad". It turns out that yes, it is that bad. For those that dont know, SunAge is the most bug infested game that has been seen, even patched this game is still going to crash on each and every mission due to more than one bug. I only managed to finish it because there some kind souls left on the official forums who had painstakingly run into every bug and found the solution for them.

Was it worth it? No, the story of the game is simply never explained to you, you never know exactly whats going because it is never show to you whats happening. In short, NEVER pick up this game.

Alpha Prime on the other hand is simply boring. It runs on the Doom 3 engine which makes it pretty enough but the story is just boring and convoluted (you're going after something called Glomar. Yes, Glomar.). I get the feeling no one played the game before launch because the AI is set to a ridiculous level where they can hit anything at any distance with any weapon with extreme accuracy. Can you at least do the same? Of course not. Get this game if you're really that bored but otherwise pretty much anything out there is better.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Playing Warframe at this moment. Killing bad dudes as a space ninja is great.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Can we get a recomendation list going on this thread? Simple recomending games or avoid them. I got two you should avoid, SunAge and Alpha Prime.

Now if you know SunAge's fame, you're right, I had it coming the moment I decided to play, I read the reviews, the articles and made the mistake of thinking "it might not be so bad". It turns out that yes, it is that bad. For those that dont know, SunAge is the most bug infested game that has been seen, even patched this game is still going to crash on each and every mission due to more than one bug. I only managed to finish it because there some kind souls left on the official forums who had painstakingly run into every bug and found the solution for them.

Was it worth it? No, the story of the game is simply never explained to you, you never know exactly whats going because it is never show to you whats happening. In short, NEVER pick up this game.

Alpha Prime on the other hand is simply boring. It runs on the Doom 3 engine which makes it pretty enough but the story is just boring and convoluted (you're going after something called Glomar. Yes, Glomar.). I get the feeling no one played the game before launch because the AI is set to a ridiculous level where they can hit anything at any distance with any weapon with extreme accuracy. Can you at least do the same? Of course not. Get this game if you're really that bored but otherwise pretty much anything out there is better.

my preferred strategy for buying games is "it's probably not even that good" instead of "it might not be THAT bad."  results in a small game library, but really high quality and a LOT of replay. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I usually arr, then buy. I just did that for XCOM. Made sure I wouldn't regret my 40€ beforehand, and hell I didn't.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras