Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617623 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Re: What are you playing right now?
Recently obtained Terraria

I've learned that it's immensely more fun than Minecraft
"No"

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
http://littlealchemy.com/

an infuriating chrome game which only makes loose sense at the best of times, unfurtunatly it has me hooked  :mad:
Stone + Life = Egg. Wat.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

an infuriating chrome game which only makes loose sense at the best of times, unfurtunatly it has me hooked  :mad:
Stone + Life = Egg. Wat.

yer as I say only makes sense at the best of times lol
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Stone + Life = Egg. Wat.

It makes perfect sense next to 'hard roe + human = caviar.' 

This game ruined my lunch, and its going to ruin my dinner too. BUT! 281/360 :D
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Recently obtained Terraria

I've learned that it's immensely more fun than Minecraft
Well...I wouldn't really say that, I think.  Terraria's very focused on killing baddies and upgrading your gear, and it does pretty well at those, but it can't really hold a candle to Minecraft in terms of mining and building.  Putting the limitations of 2D aside, the most frustrating thing for me is that there's no real way to stop monsters from spawning when you're away from your NPCs...so every time you're trying to collect even something like stone, you constantly have to pause to whack things with a sword, which gets old very fast.

Also, if you love yourself, don't play above the lowest difficulty setting.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
I'm going on one more run in Realm of the Mad God. I just want to L20 my Ninja, then stop. (Not really in the mood to make fame for any characters.)

Also started playing Ys: The Oath in Felghana on Steam. (I kinda feel a bit too spoiled sweet of the extra goodies the stateside PSP version had, so I'm trying to do something about that, such as voice acting and the internal gallery. Voice acting for bosses made my job feel a LOT easier, because basically I knew what attack they would pull based on audio cues. Now I don't.)
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I just got murdered by Hind-deployed VDV troops when I waltzed into an objective not scouting it because I figured it would safe at match start.

wats your name punke

If you stumble across a Level 2 (I'm playing like one match a day) NGTM-1R, at least be kind enough to tell him HOW he ****ed up so badly.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Playing blood dragon atm. It's fun but tbh I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it used uplay. Also I bought airland battle since that seems to be getting lots of good talk, though I haven't had the time to download it yet.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
just started a replay of FEAR 2 prior to playing 3, that i've had on steam for probably 2 years now and pretty much forgot about.  i started the FEAR replay many months ago, but aborted it for some reason i don't recall.  original plan was to go through all of them, including the expansions, and i was somewhere in extraction point when i quit.  i decided i'd probably better skip ahead or i'd burn out and quit again.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
AMBER: Journeys Beyond. Horror adventure game of the paranormal/ghost story variety. Quite a pain to get working (it's from 1996). Fairly Questionably stable in Linux using Wine.

EDIT: I give up on AMBER. :sigh:

Maybe it's time to pick up Grim Fandango again. At least that has good compatibility.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:39:57 am by jg18 »

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I just started HAWX 2; I picked it up on sale at gamersgate a couple of weeks ago.  The controls are a little laggy, and uplay is a *****, but it's been a fun game so far!  Blood Dragon looks like fun, also, but i'll wait a while to pick it up.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Deus Ex with BioMod, Company of Heroes, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, and Blood Dragon.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

just started a replay of FEAR 2 prior to playing 3, that i've had on steam for probably 2 years now and pretty much forgot about.  i started the FEAR replay many months ago, but aborted it for some reason i don't recall.  original plan was to go through all of them, including the expansions, and i was somewhere in extraction point when i quit.  i decided i'd probably better skip ahead or i'd burn out and quit again.

Eh, you made the right choice. The first game's expansions sucked.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i've played them all already.  storywise not that great, but i still think they are better than 2.  they maintained the original FEAR atmosphere.  Holladay's (sp?) death is one of the best scare sequences in the series.  the reasons i didn't play through again is i was worried it would end up being too much "more of the same" and get me bored with it, and they aren't canon.  the main point of the playthrough was to refresh the story, so it would be kinda pointless from that angle to play the expansions.

Offline Patriot

Still playing Warthunder, haven't seen any of you lot there yet.

My Fw190 requires sustenance!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Playing planes instead because it doesn't make me rage as much.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Below scan line shrouded skies I stalk across the terrain, an apex predator.  Faster, stronger and quieter then any mere human could achieve.   I cull the cyber legions and claim their weak hearts.

Mark IV style mutha ****er.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Patriot

Playing planes instead because it doesn't make me rage as much.

aww, why's that? :(

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
30 seconds in and i'm already on the verge of raging at FEAR 3.  i spent 20 minutes trying to set up a workable control scheme before saying **** it, i'll just start with default and tweak as i go.  seriously, how hard is it to get something as basic as key mapping working properly? well at least this one recognizes extra mouse buttons, even if using them isn't going to be easy.  might not end up being a big deal, but i'm discouraged by the presence of an "aim assist" option.

and then i started and got to the point of walking around.  that's where i stopped.  head bob.  no No NO!!!!  there should never, ever, EVER be a game without at least the option to turn head bob off.  welp, off to google to see if i can make this thing playable.

Playing Shadow of the Colossus again.

I will max out the Stamina gauge and climb to the Secret Garden, no matter how many stupid lizards I have to hunt down!  :mad:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"