Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617475 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Re: What are you playing right now?
Is Cortex Command properly playable now, i checked it out a few months ago but wasn't too impressed with the available functionality.

Haven't decided on whether or not to abandon it outright

It still doesn't have a proper campaign mode and the ai for player units is still borked, but the mods make up for it in my opinion.  All I can do is recommend that you check it again, try a couple of good mods (they are quite easy to spot and install) and make a decision based on that.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i've been re-addicted to playing skirmishes in kane's wrath.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Got sucked into STO again thanks to Legacy of Romulus (Hurr) and that stupid, sexy Scimitar model. The ability to use Thalaron weapons did remind me of something though, so I made this: http://imageshack.us/a/img827/1926/rz27.png

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Played a little SS2. Felt the need to relive the magic for a bit. Also recently played some more Book of Unwritten Tales.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I managed to buy Witcher 1&2 and DAO for <20$ total. DAO was more expensive than both Witchers together Oo. Now starting with The Witcher and judging the number of sex opportunities in this game, no wonder it succeeded worldwide.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I reinstalled both TrackMania Nations Forever and Descent 3. At last, I've reinstalled every single game I want on this PC. I also played the former and finally got around to making a paint scheme based on the Singapore flag. :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
I have gotten sucked back into RIFT now that its free, and thankfully the F2P model doesn't suck hilariously (looking at you, SWTOR).

Also been playing a lot of Firefall. It's reasonably fun for a beta.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Picked up a secondhand copy of Witcher 2: Extended Edition yesterday for Ecks-Bawcks, so I'm gonna give it a go.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Mikes

I reinstalled both TrackMania Nations Forever and Descent 3. At last, I've reinstalled every single game I want on this PC. I also played the former and finally got around to making a paint scheme based on the Singapore flag. :D

It's kinda sad that most times when the Witcher series is mentioned all people talk about is the "sex" and not that it is one of the best (yet flawed) dark fantasy RPGs/RPG series ever made, not that it has an incredible storyline and even more incredible characters and not that it is one of the few games that treats consequences for player actions seriously. (And not just in that simple bioware black and white manner either.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:26:53 am by Mikes »

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
To be honest, when I picked up the game I didn't even think about the naughty bits. I just wanted something to take the space of "Dark Messiah of Might & Magic" on my shelf and saw a game that I've heard loads of good things about, based on a book series that I've also heard loads of good things about, going for a price that I have nothing but good things to say about.

Gameplay has been fun so far and the story is interesting, but I'll admit that I've only just reached Flotsam.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I played TrackMania Nations Forever until I'm within the top 700 000 players in the world! :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'm waiting for Terraria 1.2 to be implemented so I can go back to playing that

I WANT MY NEW SHOTGUN DAMMIT
"No"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
got the half-life complete pack from steam yesterday.  i've never played any of them.  someone who is familiar help me out here - should i even bother with the original?  from what i understand "source" is supposed to be the exact game ported to the HL2 engine.  and therefore presumably better performing/looking.  and then there's that mod that remade HL1 right?  i think i even downloaded it when it came out.  i think i saw something about an HD upgrade with blue shift too.

someone tell me which one to play. 

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Black Mesa
Just play that if you're having thoughts about HL1 being "meh"

I'd still play HL1 regardless. It may not look totally fantastic, but I'm not one to let graphics bother me. Afterall, I enjoy my old games too much to let that happen
"No"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
graphics won't bother me so much as clunky gameplay.  the main reason i ask is that i want to know if i'd be missing anything about the original, or getting a different experience (apart from graphics of course) by playing one of the remakes.  is it like playing the FS2 retail campaign with the MVPs, or is it like playing FSPort.  the "same" game, but little things like missile effectiveness actually change the game in a non-trivial way.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
From what I've heard, the Valve-released Half-Life: Source is a pretty half-assed port.  I don't know if it affects anything mechanically, but if you have the original game as well, I don't see any reason not to play it instead.  Obviously Black Mesa: Source, being a full-fledged fan remake, plays quite a bit differently to the original.

Speaking personally, I generally like to play the original versions of stuff the first time through if at all possible, just to get the same experience that people had when it was brand-new.  It also helps you gain a better perspective on just how much fan-made projects like the SCP and FSU have managed to accomplish.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
usually i do too, but every once in a while there's a remake/upgrade/whatever that makes the original totally irrelevant because the new one is a pure upgrade with no drawbacks or loss of..... feeling? from the original.  with a game this old, i wouldn't mind skipping the original if the remake was like this.  i've found very early generation FPS's kindof taxing in the gameplay department when playing them now. 

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
From what I've heard, the Valve-released Half-Life: Source is a pretty half-assed port.  I don't know if it affects anything mechanically, but if you have the original game as well, I don't see any reason not to play it instead.  Obviously Black Mesa: Source, being a full-fledged fan remake, plays quite a bit differently to the original.

The aspects somewhat changed are that you get transparent, Source-esque water and supposedly more realistic physics. From some of the videos I've seen, it looks like it's just unnaturally saturated.

I still play the original Half-Life every now and then with its expansions Blue Shift and Opposing Force (every other time, I play with the HD Pack). Blue Shift is meh (but at least that game's Xen segment didn't suck!), and Opposing Force is awesome (I used to play multiplayer with my buddies on LAN two years ago, and we had a laugh *****ing at each other for when we went "Don't Cross The Streams" or "Kill the camper with the M40)."

Welp, I've been finally given some breathing time for some RPGs, and while I'm waiting for the next Ys installment to come out, I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 The Nostalgia Trip; Star Trek: DS9 - The Fallen.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

The aspects somewhat changed are that you get transparent, Source-esque water and supposedly more realistic physics. From some of the videos I've seen, it looks like it's just unnaturally saturated.

I still play the original Half-Life every now and then with its expansions Blue Shift and Opposing Force (every other time, I play with the HD Pack). Blue Shift is meh (but at least that game's Xen segment didn't suck!), and Opposing Force is awesome (I used to play multiplayer with my buddies on LAN two years ago, and we had a laugh *****ing at each other for when we went "Don't Cross The Streams" or "Kill the camper with the M40)."
Heh, sounds fun.  If you still have anyone around to play it with, someone out there ported the PS2-exclusive "Decay" co-op campaign to the PC version.  You can technically get through it by yourself, in that you can hit a key to switch back and forth between the two characters as needed, but I'd imagine it'd be much more enjoyable playing it as intended.