Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617085 times)

Offline Patriot

Re: What are you playing right now?
Playing Skyrim. Man, there is just something so touchingly human about shooting Bandit Chieftains in the crotch by the light spilling from the moon(s).

All my HNNGG

watching so many Skyrim livestreams on Twitch these days. Mostly sneaky chars, which i hate >.< but one guy i'm following actually does it with some balls and runs up to the big bads and smacks their faces in with a 1-hander :D

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Finally popped the Blue Ribbon Champ achievement in Bioshock Infinite Clash in the Clouds.  The last couple challenges I had left were an absolute ***** (kill two handymen distracted by Decoy tears before getting squished and/or shocked...ugh!)

Nevertheless, that was one of the more satisfyingly difficult game environments I've played lately.  Despite the fact that it was arena-style combat, I actually really enjoyed that DLC.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Ibrahim "Viking" Turk, general badass and alien-face-smasher extraordinaire, is a psyker! Huzzah! Got my first alien battleship, too. I'm going to have a lot on my hands when I come back. 

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Testing out cheap napalm delivery decks for ALB. Verdict so far: promising.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well, after a spattering of successful data thefts with nary a mention of access in the logs besides a connect and disconnect, I felt it was best that I went for some larger targets. Whaddya know, a few folks want me to change some education details in the International Academic Database. Not hard. Good pay. Enough to afford that new CPU I was eyeing. The security was lax. The trace gave me a good five minutes to play around in the records. I found the guy, one Jason Hail, and bumped his Computing Grade 1 down to a Computing Grade 3. Poor kid, but still, more money for me. The bosses weren't happy, and the underground community made sure my Neuromancer rating took a hit, but I didn't care. I'd take cash however I can get it.

And of course, I wiped the InterNIC, my first bounce point, after every job, good or bad.

This continued for a little while. Soon I was changing social security details. Hey look buddy, you're a dead man! Ha haaah! Actually, no, we just need the world to think you're dead. Tax reasons.

It turns out my success and meticulousness was rewarding. My benefactors wanted me for another job. Namely, to figure out who was depositing large sums of cash in the account of a random in the Athena Corporation Bank. This was new. The proxy programs on the Social Security Database weren't great and I could brute-force through them like I was sneezing. This shouldn't have been much harder, right? So I got my proxy breaker in place and running, my trace tracker ready to go, and started cracking the password.

The active trace came in immediately, the insistent beeping in my ear warning me that the admins were bearing down on my location. And it was fast. I checked it. Forty seconds? Crap. The password cracked and I was in while the proxy breaker kept its work. I pulled up the record, found hundreds of thousands of dollars, bookmarked it for future reference, and tried to view the statements. The proxy failed in the meantime, but I had more im...

Failed? Aw nuts.

With five seconds left on the clock I hit the disconnect and got the hell out of there. They had almost hit the InterNIC. That was close! I needed more tools. I needed something to get rid of that monitor. I needed a better proxy breaker.

Unfortunately, due to the stress of the fight and the fear of that excellent monitoring software, I forgot to wipe my bounce logs on the InterNIC. I was only in the Internal Services system for a minute, hunting for tools, before my screen went black and a message appeared.

Disavowed. I had been found. Athena Corporation had traced through the seven million proxy servers I went through to get to them, pinged the InterNIC, and found me. I got thrown to the wolves by my employers. Now I'm in prison, and there's no way out for me. Not anymore.

So ends the brief tale of Agent WTFbot of the Uplink Corporation.

(I'm playing Uplink. I'm starting again, THIS time I'm getting better monitor/proxy bypass software before I try breaking into a bank!)

(Also post 100. Woot!)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:04:36 am by Hobbie »
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Patriot

I almost thought you were playing the new Shadowrun there Hobbie :P

Offline crizza

I'm thinking about buying Europa Universalis...Opinions?

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Been playing Star Trek Online, if only to get all the free C-Store crap we are getting for free this whole week. :p

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Resident Evil (GCN) with my best friend!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:00:48 pm by Nakura »

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
now that i have a 360 controller, goldeneye 64.  (and all of the other roms that can't really be played well with a keyboard)
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline crizza

Just started War Thunder...interesting.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Mount & Blade: Warband (with a few mods)
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Patriot

Star Wolves 1 and 3.

Was playing the third installment before i found the first again. The first game is brutal in the beginning, because being poor sucks :(

The second game is weirdly enough not working for me at all, but it was a short game anyways, so no loss there.

Third game is awesome, nice bit of free-roaming to be had until you stumble upon a story mission, then the game takes linear story to 11 what with the insta-death that happens when you veer off course too much, or just try and avoid a fight further down the system you're in

Though i have to say the AI Pilots are derpy in that they seem to have no knowledge of how to handle being faster than their target, one of the things being that they have a tendency to just go straight at something and then veer off to gain distance. Odd behavior aside, they do seem pretty decent gunners.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Working through an old favorite by the name of Total Overdose.  Picture a GTA clone with a fun Max Payne-esque bullet time mechanic added in, and crammed full of pretty much every Mexican film trope known to man, and you get the idea.

Offline Patriot

oh man, i remember that one, played it on ye olde xbox back in the day, awesome game :D

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Was playing the original Metal Gear Solid on 'hard' earlier this morning. I only made it to the tank room before giving up after dying a couple of times. In the past I got all the way to the torture room on hard, but couldn't beat the torture scene. In fact, I can barely beat the torture scene on easy.

Spoiler:
If only you could get the Meryl ending without beating the torture scene!

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
How did I miss Bastion for so long after release?  This game is seriously fantastic.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
second go round in far cry 2.  not sure why.  it's not that good.  i guess i just like wandering around a jungle looking for briefcases and sniping dudes.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
I've almost beaten Resident Evil remake as Jill! I'm at the laboratory now!

I've also continued on with Metal Gear Solid.

And started another (much overdue) playthrough of Final Fantasy VIII. I'm hoping to go for a complete (or close to it) playthrough, but Triple Triad is killing me! Every time I start doing really good in Triple Triad, I encounter an overpowered opponent who takes all of my good cards and I have to start over. :(

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
And started another (much overdue) playthrough of Final Fantasy VIII. I'm hoping to go for a complete (or close to it) playthrough, but Triple Triad is killing me! Every time I start doing really good in Triple Triad, I encounter an overpowered opponent who takes all of my good cards and I have to start over. :(
Oh man, Triple Triad! I remember back when my sister played Final Fantasy VIII, because she made me do all the Triple Triad. I won every time, too, even though I can't remember how the hell the game works anymore.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.