Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 618116 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: What are you playing right now?
Having just subjected the Zuni to empirical test, I take back everything bad I ever said about.

Although once somebody realizes what you're doing and brings in interceptors or AA up front, you go down hard.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That is 100% true, but the Skyhawk is so cheap, you can get so many of them, and it is so close to impossible to shoot it down before it fires that it actually works out as one of the best 'remove this area' CAS options in the game. It'll take out an anti-air unit in woods, macerate a column of APCs, clear out infantry in light cover, stun heavy armor, and (if, as a bonus, it gets out) be ready to do it again in ~10 seconds.

The SK-60 is also hilarious in this role, though more of an AoE option and less good at stunning armor.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
They also make hilarious traps. For thirty/forty points you can cause your opponent to reveal his AA for immediate destruction with mortars or other aircraft, or run his 130-point MiG directly into a concealed Hawk battery.

A Feddie Story

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Tales of Vesperia and Catherine.

Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost

What is annoying is the damned time limit it seems that fighting games are required by law to have, which in some missions makes me feel like I'm just rushing, rushing, rushing, no time to actually enjoy the fight. Why do you only give me 3 minutes to kill 17 enemies, game?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I just spent about ten minutes in an extended Bristol 146 dogfight with my wife in World of Warplanes.

I then officially lost my damn mind and proceeded to write a short story that uses a mock dogfight as an extended metaphor for a couple dancing and serves as the starting point for their relationship. This can't possibly end well.

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Since I don't have WALB, playing WEE to get at least a vague idea of how to do things.  I imagine having at least a passing familiarity with interface and unit strengths/weaknesses would be a good idea.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
They're very similar, so no, it's not bad idea.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

Talk nice about Heinemann's Hotrod.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Cat B US Marines are pretty hilarious.  You miss out some of the fancy late 80s tech but sooo much elite of everything.  Three Phantoms worth of Napalm!  Enough Prowlers to suppress every piece of AA! Zuni all the things!  Twenty two units of Heliborne Marines!

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If you can get Chaps in there and drop something for another card of command vehicles you would have a really strong deck. Maybe trade one slot of Seacobras for Heavy Hogs? Also I'm not a big believer in Tomcats these days so MORE SKYHAWK.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
it's hard to imagine what stock skyrim is like if what i'm playing now is the 'fixed' version.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Finished Oblivion, will start Skyrim after the exams. Would you believe I actually went through the entire TES series in order, starting with Arena? :) It was a bit tedious, though, seeing there wasn't really that much to do. I found Dagerfall really awesome, kind of wishing they kept it's complexity in the later titles. Morrowind was fine, though smaller in scale, it made it up with originality. As for Oblivion, I found it fun, but a bit simplistic after Daggerfall and Morrowind.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
If you can get Chaps in there and drop something for another card of command vehicles you would have a really strong deck. Maybe trade one slot of Seacobras for Heavy Hogs? Also I'm not a big believer in Tomcats these days so MORE SKYHAWK.

Unfortunately no Chaps or Hogs only Hawks and Cobras are available.  With nothing but Hawks I need something that can tangle with OpFor jets so I'm hesitant to drop the Cat.  I'll look into the CV thing, though I think the only other option are Jeeps.  I hate Jeep CVs, even back in EE you hock a loogie in one's general direction and it blows to hell.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Finished Oblivion, will start Skyrim after the exams. Would you believe I actually went through the entire TES series in order, starting with Arena? :) It was a bit tedious, though, seeing there wasn't really that much to do. I found Dagerfall really awesome, kind of wishing they kept it's complexity in the later titles. Morrowind was fine, though smaller in scale, it made it up with originality. As for Oblivion, I found it fun, but a bit simplistic after Daggerfall and Morrowind.

Where did you find Daggerfall?  Arena was such a pain that I abandoned my attempts to run it, but I've always been interested in Daggerfall.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Daggerfall's been freeware for a few years now.

Here.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Broke down, got WALB.  Time to get curbstomped against a real player. :D

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Daggerfall's been freeware for a few years now.

Here.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

Guess I hadn't looked in a while.  Alas, DOSBox config required.  Not sure I'm ready for the exercise that is going to be.

edit:  http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN  Pre-patched and pre-configured.  Download, install, play.  Someone bless the author of that installer.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:59:23 pm by MP-Ryan »
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]