Author Topic: Sathanas Now Shoots Through Itself  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Re: Sathanas Now Shoots Through Itself
sooo... any chance of fixing the Rak so its belly AAA doesn't shoot through itself?
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That is technically retail behavior, though you can just add the check-hull flag to the turret (as many mods do).

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
That is technically retail behavior, though you can just add the check-hull flag to the turret (as many mods do).
Ye, pretty much this. Adding flags is up to modders, as we - FSU have to keep retail balance. Actually including retail bugs.

Sometimes retail bugs actually contribute to mission balance. For example, Slaying Ravana and Ravana's SAAA firing through the hull. In the past, FSU actually re-arranged turret setup of the Ravana to cover several blind spots, but our modern policy focuses on maintaining retail consistency. So I reverted retail-like turret setup during conversion of Nyxvana.

Regarding OP, I pushed MTG's fix for Sathanas. The fix will be integrated into next revision of MVPs and shall fix some of aforementioned issues.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Excellent, thank you Matthman.

I assume an FOV of 180 degrees translates into shooting anywhere in a 360 sphere? Because it's 'degrees off turret normal'? Or is that assumption wrong?
I'm not sure if you actually got an answer for this, but for posterity, 180 is a half hemisphere. The value is degrees from one extreme of the cone to the other.