Author Topic: SCP logo  (Read 13419 times)

Offline DTP

• ImPortant Coder
    • http://www.c4-group.dk
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
:wtf:  Someone has turned the Sathanas into a font now, have they?

I think he meant it literarily

use the black sathanes, the so-called SUN with sathanes in it and use one black sathanes, and form letters that read out FS2.

And btw
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
Sathanas

;)
VBB member; reg aug 1999; total posts 600.
War is a lion, on whos back you fall, never to get up.
Think big. Invade Space.

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Note that "S", "C", and "P" are all present in "FREESPACE". Might make for some fun harvesting from official V graphics.

The GTVA logo, but with a line of binary running down the middle, might look interesting.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by ZylonBane
Note that "S", "C", and "P" are all present in "FREESPACE". Might make for some fun harvesting from official V graphics.

That's not a bad idea. I personally was trying to do something with a starburst - with new universe/white hole/Capella significance - I was thinking either a realistic looking flare, or a figurative one... here's what I came up with quickly while the board was down.

Big:

Banner (rushed):

Anyway, I finished those thinking that I could do better, :no: but I thought I wouldn't hurt anyone by posting these anyway. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
w00t! first time I'll say I don't like it, Steak ( sorry :p ). Dunno, looks way too cheasy to me. Please don't hurt me :D.
SCREW CANON!

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
I agree with venom. They're not your best work.
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
the big logo looks cheesy, but the background in the banner is sweet.  add some curves
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I hate to have to dislike Steak's work, but it's lousy. :no::doubt:
Sesq's style I like much better.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Lol, maybe it has hurt some people. :ick
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Yes, if we used that one then it would look like Israel had concurred the entire universe by 2265...
Which would explain the aparent lack of Arabs in the GTVA...

The Star of David, while having its aesthetic value, should probably be avoided much as any other major religious symbols
:)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline LAM3O

Could someone post the fs2 texture file of the capella sun being blocked by little sathanas, i don't have FS2 installed or my cd's handy, thanks.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by LAM3O
Could someone post the fs2 texture file of the capella sun being blocked by little sathanas, i don't have FS2 installed or my cd's handy, thanks.

How's this? :D

By Artemis.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Setekh
Lol, maybe it has hurt some people. :ick

I like the techniques used however...looks really good.  Got any tutorials on what you did? (subtle texture shadng, looks like some windblasting or something)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

i actualy tried to make something, but it sucks tomuch to show it to you guys. anyway, my ideae is to make it look like a medal, with a ribon with the the following colors: a shade of red from the HLP logo, the bleu from VWBB, and some green color, something like the shade they always use for computers in movies. and if this looks bad, just make something like this, but seperate the colors with black.

just my ideae tough
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline LAM3O

Thanks  GalacticEmperor for the pic

I tried to realize my vision,

Originally posted by LAM3O
Make the logo a big star blowing up with FS2 spelled out in black Sathanas.

But I just don't have the photoshop skills to make it look professional, i hope someone else takes a crack at it.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I was considering a combination of the VW, HLP, and FS2 logos myself. I threw this together as a rough sketch of what we might be able to do; but I lack the artistic skills and program know-how of other members, and I don't have the original VW logo.

But if someone can do a pro version of this, using transparency or layers or something, it would be cool to see.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Icon/avatar to go with my theme:

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I vote for Sesq's. :nod: :yes:

BTW Sesq, we're chatting right now.  Check the thread in the main HL forum for link and agenda. :)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack

What Freespace 2 looks like when it loads for me. :D

What the code is doing there is superimposing the logo on top of a screenshot I took. I had to convert it manually to an 8-bit (256 color) PCX, though...24-bit TGAs won't load. :(
-C