Author Topic: How they might destroy the Gargant  (Read 41622 times)

Re: How they might destroy the Gargant
kewl, and are you going to share if you are going to use the Gargant or not?   if not, then please e-mail me the model so that my friend can use it in his campaign:

[email protected]

any spam found coming into this e-mail address will be immediately reported to moderators!

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If I don't use the Gargant it will be released as an INF Archives ship designed for use with the next release, and would need porting over to work with regular FS2 mods.

I suppose by "regular" you mean "non-Inferno"? I wouldn't worry about that little detail, since my VP file is a slightly altered Inferno file. But hey, you don't know whether you're gonna use and by the time you do I'll probably be finished anyway.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah but R1 counts as 'non-Inferno' too. Most of our stuff needs porting to make it work with the FS2 VPs, and most other FS2 mods will need porting to make them work with Inferno. Most R1 stuff won't work anymore until I port the maps over to our ones, then of course the tables would need changing to use our new weapons and to add armour support.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
@214:
HOWEVER, why don't we just develop an EMP weapon that disrupts theirt neural network (yes, a quote from Rep Comm)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,38622.msg786667.html#msg786667
do you even know what an EMP does to humans? ? ? (if it's powerful enough)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,38622.msg786671.html#msg786671

-Would you care to guess the author of those quotes?   ;7  :drevil:  :lol:

Ohhhh! I know I know! Pick me!

Spoiler:
It was 214 himself!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
any spam found coming into this e-mail address will be immediately reported to moderators!

Um, you do realise there are autonomous webspiders that roam the net specifically to harvest email addresses?

in rep to jr2:   Yes, I know, 'twas me, so?!

We could try. . .

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
in rep to jr2:   Yes, I know, 'twas me, so?!

We could try. . .

OK, now I'm just plain confused...
I was pretty sure that somewheres between page 7 and 9 214 got mad at one of the posts on EMPs because they were "off topic".  So I thought that was kind of funny that 214 was the one who brought EMPs up in the first place.  Now I'm wondering if I've been sleep-reading in the HLP forums... 'cause I can't find it!
Note to self:
If you're going to catch a contradiction, quote both sides of the statement in question.  It makes things much better if you catch yourselft before you stick your foot in your mouth.

@214: Sorry.  I guess the answer is "so what?"

umm, I just got mad at the person who posted in the form who I thought hadn't read the post.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline aceofspades

• Janitor on a SJ Sathanas
As to destroying the Gargant, no one seems to have thought of the easiest way:

Just announce that the ship will appear in a Machina Terra mission. That way the ship will disappear and no one will ever see it again - even the .pof model will be replaced with a large sign saying "Coming Soon..." Problem solved.

*Runs away from MT people*
I wonder if the Shivans eat chocolate? Or play FS2, for that matter.

lol  :lol:

Offline aceofspades

I'm sure they're related  :nod:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Or just put it in a Blackwater Ops mission and you will never see it again :p

Actually, you probably would...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline aceofspades

Or just put it in a Blackwater Ops mission and you will never see it again :p

Actually, you probably would...

After all, they have released a demo. More than some other huge mods I know of  :p

Offline aceofspades

WDYM? Inferno only has one chapter in it right?

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
R1 - yes, R2 - temporarily. :D
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Inferno released a chapter before they decided to add stuff and go with SCP.
We've released 2 Ancients demos, R1, and lots of misc ships over the years. We've released more content than most of the other main campaigns combined.
We ported R1 to SCP as R1.5 however the changes became to great so we decided to redo it all to a better quality instead of hacking in SCP features to R1. I then ported R2 to INF SCP Core as a stand alone project not requiring FS2 to help prevent mishaps with INF Builds.

WDYM? Inferno only has one chapter in it right?
R1 was originally 3-4 chapters long which were going to be released in stages. 1+2 was EA War and Gigas incursion, 3 was Ancients and 4 was something a bit different :D (Gargant was supposed to be in 4)
INF SCP will probably be 2 main chapters and several smaller projects like the Gateways and Origin, as well as porting as many FS2 mod ships as I can, which should give you more ships than even Inferno builds can handle if you try to load everything at once.

Offline aceofspades

What I mean is, the total playable content that has been released amounted to one chapter...The only thing I've played that was called inferno is from the campaign to push back EA incursions, to the third shivan contact, the treaty with the EA, and the discovery of the Gigas. You appear to mention two Ancients demos though?

yes, those are on another campaign (correct me if I'm wrong). Hello, I'm the creator of this topic.

This IS a place to talk about the Inferno campaign, but please, keep it to that, any talk other than Inferno-related posts will be reported to mods.

Please, continue. . .

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-